_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
T-26
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hi all!

This is the Zvezda kit.Set old enough and not so high quality. Therefore, it was necessary to alter much and even to do anew. This model was painted in modulation style with Tamiya colors and weathered with Mig's filters, pigments and oils. Also used various liquids from AK-Interactive. See my video clip on the assembly model
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:08 AM UTC
Stunning job on this Kirill and nice video too

What gun did you put on the turret?

i have in my stash the zvezda BA-10 and I'd like to use a metal gun barrel but i haven't found it yet

What's your recipe for 4BO green with tamiya colors?

Anyway, welcome on Armorama and congrats indeed

Cheers
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 01:05 AM UTC
Welcome indeed Kirill. Great video you made there: I love the colour balance on that T-26. Highlights and shades are nice and subtle.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 06:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i have in my stash the zvezda BA-10 and I'd like to use a metal gun barrel but i haven't found it yet

Cheers

Thank you for the assessment and greeting Mauro!
The barrel on the tower of homemade.
I really wanted to finish the model quickly, so do not become ready to order. The barrel on the Ba-10 publishes a Russian firm Model Point (MP 3501-4 45 mm. 20K/KM trunk) http://armor35.ru/index.php?productID=6117
Speaking of the ba-10, that's a good blog where B-10 building complies with the full materiel. http://panzer35.ru/forum/46-6795-1
Shade for 4bo I usually mix in the eye, using color xf-62 + xf-57 + xf-2
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome indeed Kirill. Great video you made there: I love the colour balance on that T-26. Highlights and shades are nice and subtle.

Thank you for your opinion, Benjamin de Groot.
P.S. I hope my English is understandable, although I understand that admit many mistakes.
Serlone
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 07:51 AM UTC
Kirill Very nice job, got the zvezda t-26 in my stash for the light tank campaign, and yesterday obtained a cheap rpm t26 tractor in order to backdate the wheels and the engine grill etc planning on starting that quite soon, but can only hope to get anywhere close to the quallity of your t-26.

Mauro: there is also a barrel available from armorscale : Armorscale: 45mm 20K Obr.32
Gun Barrel for Soviet Tanks and Armoured Cars
IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 08:13 AM UTC
Fantastic setting for that T-26. Love the dual lights above the gun. Give it a futuristic/steam punk kind of look.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 08:16 AM UTC
Ola Kirill

That is an awesome piece of work. there is so much to like on this project. The tank is very well done from built to paint and weathering and the base is also really life like. I love all the little details you put in it.
Also nice video... Quite a fun way to see the progress of the project
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 10:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers

Thank you for the assessment and greeting Mauro!
The barrel on the tower of homemade.
I really wanted to finish the model quickly, so do not become ready to order. The barrel on the Ba-10 publishes a Russian firm Model Point (MP 3501-4 45 mm. 20K/KM trunk) http://armor35.ru/index.php?productID=6117
Speaking of the ba-10, that's a good blog where B-10 building complies with the full materiel. http://panzer35.ru/forum/46-6795-1
Shade for 4bo I usually mix in the eye, using color xf-62 + xf-57 + xf-2

Many thanks for the advise and thanks a million for the useful link
I think I'll scratch my Ba-10 gun barrel using some tubes got from a transistor antenna

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 08:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kirill Very nice job, got the zvezda t-26 in my stash for the light tank campaign, and yesterday obtained a cheap rpm t26 tractor in order to backdate the wheels and the engine grill etc planning on starting that quite soon, but can only hope to get anywhere close to the quallity of your t-26.

Thank you for your appreciation of my work Remco Otten.
I hope you will make a great T-26.
As a help - here's my article, how to make a silencer for T-26. True it is in Russian, but I think gooogl translator will save us! http://panzer35.ru/forum/31-6307-1
And here is my blog for the construction of this machine, where you can find more foto. http://panzer35.ru/forum/44-6160-1

Quoted Text

Fantastic setting for that T-26. Love the dual lights above the gun. Give it a futuristic/steam punk kind of look.

I am glad that my work is like.
Two lights on the gun, called "Lights combat light" and I really like them too, they are somewhat similar to the eye.

Quoted Text

Ola Kirill

That is an awesome piece of work. there is so much to like on this project. The tank is very well done from built to paint and weathering and the base is also really life like. I love all the little details you put in it.
Also nice video... Quite a fun way to see the progress of the project

Thank you for the assessment of Robert Blokker.
Because this model is relatively small (approximately 13 cm in length), it is possible to give much attention to work out all the little things in detail.
The idea of a video clip came up by chance, did it the first time.

Quoted Text

Many thanks for the advise and thanks a million for the useful link
I think I'll scratch my Ba-10 gun barrel using some tubes got from a transistor antenna

Always glad to help!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 09:20 PM UTC
Hi Kirill. So mnay good points on this model ... the build, the painting, the weathering, the overall composition and the figure. This is the sort of modelling I really enjoy. Great presntation as well. Im off to check your blog!!
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 09:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mauro: there is also a barrel available from armorscale : Armorscale: 45mm 20K Obr.32
Gun Barrel for Soviet Tanks and Armoured Cars

Sorry Remco I'ěhaven't noticed your comment, many thanks for the advise
django70
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 04:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@John --

Great eye! That is the sort of cool view that keeps this fresh and fun to me. It's funny how much my outside influences come into play now in my second life of modelling. I often look at the early war Panzers with their wild geometric angles and black-grey paint and see a very expressionistic-bauhaus element. I'm sure the Nazi's never intended that...

Good Luck--Happy Modelling -- Lee

@Kirill --

This is just amazing -- top to bottom. It's stuff like this that is really getting me into wanting to learn and do more Soviet armor. Us more German themed guys really have it good. The amount of work I see going into all these oddball soviet kits lets us all see how spoiled we have been. Really, really good stuff!

Excellent! - Lee

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I often look at the early war Panzers with their wild geometric angles and black-grey paint and see a very expressionistic-bauhaus element. I'm sure the Nazi's never intended that...

Well Lee, for sure more or less unconsciously they were influenced by Peter Berhens and Walter Gropius's works. For exemple the civilian version of Adler Standard car was designed By Gropius

Military version was one of the first armored car of the Wermarcht

Panzers were industrial products, German couldn't ignore the results achieved by industrial design disciplines during twenties and thirties

That's quite an off topic but is interesting indeed speaking about this matters here on the sire

Cheers
django70
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 07:38 AM UTC
@Mauro

Off topic perhaps, but possibly deserving of it's own thread at some point?

Cheers - Lee
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 03:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@Mauro

Off topic perhaps, but possibly deserving of it's own thread at some point?

Cheers - Lee

It would be nice indeed Lee
For example it would be interesting a comparison between the different approches and historical references adopted by Russian American and German in tank design during the ww2...but i really don't know how many people could be interested in that kind of topics

Cheers
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kirill. So mnay good points on this model ... the build, the painting, the weathering, the overall composition and the figure. This is the sort of modelling I really enjoy. Great presntation as well. Im off to check your blog!!

Hi Frank Glackin!
I'm glad you liked Thurs model, and a clip of her building!

Quoted Text

@Kirill --

This is just amazing -- top to bottom. It's stuff like this that is really getting me into wanting to learn and do more Soviet armor. Us more German themed guys really have it good. The amount of work I see going into all these oddball soviet kits lets us all see how spoiled we have been. Really, really good stuff!

Excellent! - Lee

Lee Zurich,thank you for the evaluation of the work!
You're right - the Soviet armor is very interesting, sorry, that well-known manufacturers are paying attention only to well-known examples of ...
Removed by original poster on 07/07/18 - 09:52:15 (GMT).
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2018 - 09:53 PM UTC
Hi all! Video-photo about the construction of model t-26, new photos, new video.
See you on my channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5ptgfazuQ

Removed by original poster on 07/09/18 - 06:51:45 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP