xgames9
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 07:34 AM UTC
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/375579
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/375578

I'm making this little diorama, i think everything is in the right place(except the figures I'm thinking buy 2 or 3 mb pack ) Please rate, say if something is incorrect(i'm not ready for paint first I'm finish the m113a3 then the burned ambulance)

Thanks for reply
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 09:20 AM UTC
From what I can tell from the poor pics, it looks like it is coming along well. A couple questions for you though.

1. What unit(s) are these supposed to represent? It looks like the tank will be a USMC Abrams since you have the intake snorkels on it. It would not be common for a USMC tank to be seen with a US Army M113A3 (USMC doesn't use M113s). US Army tanks don't usually use (I have never seen it) snorkels.

2. What/when is it? You wouldn't normally have burned out vehicles hanging out with active vehicles. Once a battle is over, the destroyed vehicles are policed up and collected to be cleared to a maintanance collection point to salvage what can be or evacuate them to the rear for disposal.

It also looks a little crowded with no clear story right now. Maybe it will make more sense once the other figures are added.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hello,

I think there are too much vehicles on your base.

Perhaps, you might keep only the damaged vehicle with the abrams, or the damaged vehicle with the humvee and the M113.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 10:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/375579
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/375578

I'm making this little diorama, i think everything is in the right place(except the figures I'm thinking buy 2 or 3 mb pack ) Please rate, say if something is incorrect(i'm not ready for paint first I'm finish the m113a3 then the burned ambulance)

Thanks for reply

also you have a incorrect camo on the hummvees the nato scheme is not gray,green and brown where you have grey as your base it should be a green base
xgames9
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 05:09 PM UTC
thanks for reply i think this gona be a base theme :the abrams go out, and see the laying and repairing crew of the m113a3(i'm get out the burned hmmw) and the repairmen get the parts from the m1198
Sorry for bad pictures next i update better, nothing is painted even if i painted it before and i will repaint it
Removed by original poster on 04/23/12 - 09:37:26 (GMT).
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

From what I can tell from the poor pics, it looks like it is coming along well. A couple questions for you though.

1. What unit(s) are these supposed to represent? It looks like the tank will be a USMC Abrams since you have the intake snorkels on it. It would not be common for a USMC tank to be seen with a US Army M113A3 (USMC doesn't use M113s). US Army tanks don't usually use (I have never seen it) snorkels.

2. What/when is it? You wouldn't normally have burned out vehicles hanging out with active vehicles. Once a battle is over, the destroyed vehicles are policed up and collected to be cleared to a maintanance collection point to salvage what can be or evacuate them to the rear for disposal.

It also looks a little crowded with no clear story right now. Maybe it will make more sense once the other figures are added.

1. Does it really matter if they are real units. I put on any decals, usually from other kits. As long as it looks good and is actually possible, what differance does it make.

2.Again, I think modelling is all about aesthetics. As long as it looks realistic and cool, who cares about reality.

If you get all uppity about stuff like that then simmer down. Not everyone cares things like that.
Do modelling for fun and you'll be fine.

P.S.
Nice work so far Dani!
Thanks
Euan
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:28 AM UTC
No one is "getting all uppity". He asked for comments, I gave him some. He can decide what to do with the info.

Some of us model for accuracy, others just for the hell of it. No need to chastise for either. Each gets something different out of modeling.

For some of us the fun is in making them as accurate as possible. Also, some of us have been there and done that so we do know what it should look like and try ro make them as near to reality as we can.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hi guys,
I may sitting on the fence,but I pretty much agree with everyone.Dani,I do think there were too many vehicles on the base.Euan and Gino.Both of you have very good points.I too tend to use decals supplied and don't spend any time on the under carriage,etc.On the other hand Gino has given me advise before that made perfect sense.It's really what you want to make of it.I do it not worrying so much about accuracy,but I give a lot of credit to those who do.
Just my 2 cents worth.Happy modelling to all and to all,a good night.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP