_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Back Burner Leopard
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 08:57 AM UTC
I started this project some time ago, but was deterred by the barrel and the fact that I broke a little attenna thingy off of the turret. So the anttenna thingy is for mounting an optional light. Bye bye light. I am waiting for a replacement barrel from Tamiya and may get some indi-links for it. BTW this is Tamiya's Leopard 2A6. I have to finish a few fiddly bits and the suspension. Haven't done any weathering. I used Tamiya acryls NATO black, green and brown. I applied a heavily thinned filter using MM Grau. Looking to finish this one by the beginning of next month.

The flash on my camera washed out the colors. I'll post more once I have finished the suspension.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 07:53 AM UTC
I don't have the suspension finished. It's raining in 15 minute intervals separated by about 20 minutes. I am close to finishing the wheels. I just need to lay down one more color. I have not started on the return rollers. For some reason my camera is washing the colors. I'll see if I can't finish painting the tracks and wheels, this evening. I'm not sure how used I am going to make it look, but I am going to pair it with a Mercedes Wolf as is pictured on the box.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 10:10 PM UTC
Hi Matt,

Looking really good, will be great to see it all finished up

Cheers Mike
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 11:26 PM UTC
Thanks Mike.
Looks like it is going to be raining for the next few days. So, I'll have to put this one off till then.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 04:18 AM UTC
Nice work so far Matt. I reckon the Wolf would sure make a nice pairing with this Leopard.

If your camera is washing out the colors you should check if it has an option to compensate for different types of light- my old Canon has settings for Tungsten, Sunlight, Cloudy etc and fiddling about with the options sometimes stops the colors fading in the pic.

Did you get a new camera or are you still looking?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 04:39 AM UTC
Karl: Thanks for the comment. I just got a Nikon L200. So, I'm just learning. Found out the wolf is going to be a lot of work. From the reviews, I'm looking at $25 min of am parts.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 04:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Karl: Thanks for the comment. I just got a Nikon L200. So, I'm just learning. Found out the wolf is going to be a lot of work. From the reviews, I'm looking at $25 min of am parts.

Really? I always thought the Wolf was an okay kit, it was one that was on the mental 'to buy' list at some point. The Coolpix L200 looks like a good piece of equipment. Good luck with it.

What weathering etc are you planning to do when you get all the painting done?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 08:05 AM UTC
I will do some paint chipping on the side skirts and lower front of the kit, add mud to the running gear/suspension, fenders and lower front. I've done some carving on the roadwheels to make them look used.
 _GOTOTOP