_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Italeri Sturm Tiger
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 03:35 PM UTC
Italeri have re-released their 1/35th scale Sturm Tiger which is a reasonable kit to bring back to the market due to what is included in the box. Take a look inside for details.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 08:00 AM UTC
I have this kit in the stash. Yeah, it's a little rough around the edges but I think it'll build up ok. I might add some PE or scratch my own little details for some extra finesse. I think it was $25 when I bought it so you can't beat the price.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 04:08 PM UTC
Looks interesting if the price has not been boosted too much. Replace the tools, add PE clamps etc. I especially like the partial interior, and ammo load... even decals for the shells! The zimmerit is not as nice as Dragon's, but at least it's there. Another one for my stash!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 04:45 PM UTC
I am kind of surprised that they didn't include photo etched grill covers for the engine deck as it would really increase the appeal to the buyer as an out of the box build and would be of minimal cost to Italeri.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 11:47 PM UTC
It's a decent kit if the price is right (I have the Revell boxing from a few years back), but the lack of engine mesh is unfortunate. After all, they already have the PE from their late Tiger kit! Still, if it comes in at half the price of its rivals it would sell well. (If as a "new" kit it comes in at Tamiya/AFV Club prices, the Marketing Director should be sacked...)

Tom
 _GOTOTOP