_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Italeri Knock Knock
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 04:44 PM UTC
Italeri has released a new diorama product which is a partially bricked up church doorway in 1/35th scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 05:26 PM UTC
This is a re-release, and when painted can be compared with some of the earlier resin/plaster items available. For a lot less £ or $ too.

I've used a couple in dioramas - recommended.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 05:39 PM UTC
Sorry Dave I didn't know this was a re-release so thank you for pointing that out.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:42 PM UTC
I've always liked these old Italeri releases..they also have another church ruin, a house corner, fountain, etc. And incidentally their field tool shop which is a great little kit is available, too. I love the way you can do a whole bunch of different paint jobs, add windows, etc. They can also be mixed and matched to some extent.
An interesting trivia note, some of these Italeri ruins trace their roots back to Verlinden's old early seventies plaster diorama line, back when he had his own company. You can see the ads in old issues of Military Modelling. I guess 'cos he worked for Italeri, he sold or leased the moulds so they could make plastic ones!
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 10:34 PM UTC
this kit brings back memories!!!!

It must date from the 1970's!
jargonking
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 05:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

An interesting trivia note, some of these Italeri ruins trace their roots back to Verlinden's old early seventies plaster diorama line, back when he had his own company. You can see the ads in old issues of Military Modelling. I guess 'cos he worked for Italeri, he sold or leased the moulds so they could make plastic ones!

Actually the Italeri kits were based on Francois Verlinden designs from his original accessories company DCS (Diorama Construction Sets) whose kits were sold through Verlinden's shop in Belgium. These predate the Verlinden Productions kits by some years.
Verlinden's builds were, at the time, featured heavily on the Italeri boxes and he was pretty much their 'artist in residence' rather like Shep Paine was at Monogram.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually the Italeri kits were based on Francois Verlinden designs from his original accessories company DCS (Diorama Construction Sets) whose kits were sold through Verlinden's shop in Belgium. These predate the Verlinden Productions kits by some years.
Verlinden's builds were, at the time, featured heavily on the Italeri boxes and he was pretty much their 'artist in residence' rather like Shep Paine was at Monogram.

*******Gawd! That's right! I totally forgot! Must be gettin' old!
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 09:19 AM UTC
Are these releases still without any detail on the back side ? Never did have any luck filling them with plaster and scribbing in the brick detail
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 09:27 AM UTC
...no detail inside, unfortunately. Especially troublesome for the one sided bricked-in doorway.....
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 09:34 AM UTC
I may be wrong, but I do not remember the original work having a partially bricked in doorway? I may be wrong however...
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 11:05 AM UTC
It's still a good kit.The only problem is that it's one-sided.
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 01:19 PM UTC
I have one from the 80s, and the door was bricked in.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 05:30 PM UTC
Yes, I have a 1970's era box with the "old" spelling "Italieri" and it has a bricked in door. Maybe you're thinking of the Church window kit? It has a similar pillar thingy but a big window and extra corner, or maybe the old house corner kits? I should have mentioned also there was a two storey corner with an open door, but it's been out of production for years. Maybe I can find the box!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 - 11:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

some of these Italeri ruins trace their roots back to Verlinden's old early seventies plaster diorama line, back when he had his own company. You can see the ads in old issues of Military Modelling. I guess 'cos he worked for Italeri, he sold or leased the moulds so they could make plastic ones!

Plaster and resin molds are not the same thing as injection mold toolings. Totally different processes.
I built both the Italeri church door and church window kits about 10 years ago when I got into the hobby first. The biggest issue is that unlike the Miniart kits today, they have no backing so you have fill them or cement plastic sheet to them to fill them out.
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 01:12 AM UTC
I’m playing around with one of these as we speak. Testors used to box several of the Italeri kits together in their “Diorama accessory sets”

I found this Church corner while digging through some boxes that where at my parents house from my childhood.

I didn’t like the hollow back side, so I filled the back with automotive body filler (Bondo) yesterday. The smooth back side wont be a problem as long as the building is used as a backdrop.

Now I’m trying to think of ideas for a small vignette to use this on.
 _GOTOTOP