_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1127 Stryker Reconnaissance Vehicle(RV)
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hello!
Something I'm bored with paint work and decided to build this unit.
Set myself the goal of a very simple - to collect and paint.

So far I have not figured out if I like this set or not. On one side of the model has a good detailing, but then again - the instruction is terrible! Many indicate parts mixed up. About fixing some of the elements ... there is a lot of questions for the information content of instruction in general, I would put 2 points out of 10. Details are also all set bonuses - burr, the joints of the mold, traces of the pushers.
Moreover, the joints of the molds are found where, logically, do not be.
Plaster, skin - without these things here can not do.

Revised plans to: wiring to headlights and mortars have a look at stocks for signs of a body kit.
At the moment there's gathered to this state.

Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 11:58 AM UTC
Nice start. The only thing I would suggest fixing is the DVE in front of the driver station. Trumpeter got this wrong. It should be moved to the right of the driver. If you check out photos of Strykers you will notice it.

Bob
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 09:14 PM UTC
Looking good....
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 09:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice start. The only thing I would suggest fixing is the DVE in front of the driver station. Trumpeter got this wrong. It should be moved to the right of the driver. If you check out photos of Strykers you will notice it.

Bob

Thank you for your attention to detail Robert. I appreciate that.
But unfortunately, check processing materiel on this model, I did not plan to engage in the first place. I want to just build and paint. In order to get acquainted with the model of Manufacturer and understand whether even pay attention to its products ...

Quoted Text

Looking good....

Sean, thank you.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 12:22 AM UTC
And also ditch the 2 handles fuel jerrycans for a 3 handles ones

cheers
seb
abramstnkr
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hey there! I too am currently working on this kit to be put on.... well another kit. I agree, not the best. Lacking lots of detail, some questions about the engineering of it and the shape/ dimensions are a little off. But it is the only kit for the M1127. I did add the photo etch sets from Eduard, and it definitely helped! I'm starting the slat armor to it tomorrow. Good luck and happy modeling!
prophecy
Visit this Community
Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 157 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey there! I too am currently working on this kit to be put on.... well another kit. I agree, not the best. Lacking lots of detail, some questions about the engineering of it and the shape/ dimensions are a little off. But it is the only kit for the M1127. I did add the photo etch sets from Eduard, and it definitely helped! I'm starting the slat armor to it tomorrow. Good luck and happy modeling!

There is a conversation for the AFV Club Stryker from Real Model for a M1127 RV. AFV Club makes better stryker kit.

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 10:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And also ditch the 2 handles fuel jerrycans for a 3 handles ones

cheers
seb

The model is not finished yet, the situation with the handles I will correct. Or do, as expected, or mask this error with an optional body kit. In any case, thank you for give ear to work!

Quoted Text

Hi!
I think that the use of photo-etched pattern will bring a new level of detail. I decided to limit the build out of the box, but I decided to add some elements of the property from Blast. Good luck to you in your work on the model!
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:24 AM UTC
Not Modeler three years due to various circumstances, but the forums been reading...
But here came the hour X hour to come back! How will this return - I do not know, but nothing extraordinary is not just the build with painting in the style as you like, and how it goes!
Return decided to start with the goal of long-term construction and the first of them turned up under the arm this pepelats.
Well, let's start...
Started this work in 2013...

At the moment the model is collected to this state .Cut the previously installed plastic shelves made replacing them with resin with baggage. added a few etched items from the set. In General, the model from trump 410 scale. Never collected, therefore experience of this company fresh...a Little workout tower...a little bit more and you can do bodywork, Americans they love to carry everything with them...

gecon31
Visit this Community
Szczecin, Poland
KitMaker: 204 posts
Armorama: 204 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:30 AM UTC
Very nice, keep up the good work. I have to finish my M1127 some day.
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 08:46 AM UTC
Nice to see this being build and I love your clear and focused photographs. Btw, talk about bring our your dead and it's still intact...wow, not in my house. It would have been broken and tossed in the bin
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 01:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice, keep up the good work. I have to finish my M1127 some day.

I thank for assessment!
Yes, definitely you shouldn't tighten the project as I for three years!

Quoted Text

Nice to see this being build and I love your clear and focused photographs. Btw, talk about bring our your dead and it's still intact...wow, not in my house. It would have been broken and tossed in the bin

Thanks for assessment and for the comment Mike!
Actually, I have only just bought the new camera and I begin to master it so the received photos not absolutely are pleasant to me, I think it is necessary to buy other lens, regular not to manage!
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 02:01 PM UTC
New camera...cool. Which brand? I'm a nikion guy that I'm still learning and I have been shooting with it for few years now. My best lens I have is 60mm for portrait or general static and it gives me the best quality of photographs. At times I have to take few step back as it a narrow field of view (60 + 1.25 conversion) compare to my wide angle lens but I'm willing to compromise minor inconvenience for quality

All I can tell you is don't get a cheap lens. The quality of your glass is what will make your final product the best. Oh and also invest in a good tripod. Don't get some flimsy thing that will shake every time you touch your camera.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 02:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

New camera...cool. Which brand? I'm a nikion guy that I'm still learning and I have been shooting with it for few years now. My best lens I have is 60mm for portrait or general static and it gives me the best quality of photographs. At times I have to take few step back as it a narrow field of view (60 + 1.25 conversion) compare to my wide angle lens but I'm willing to compromise minor inconvenience for quality
All I can tell you is don't get a cheap lens. The quality of your glass is what will make your final product the best. Oh and also invest in a good tripod. Don't get some flimsy thing that will shake every time you touch your camera.

Oh, I have Nikon too! Nikon d3300 with a regular lens 18 - 55 with stabilization. With your abrupt equipment to me not to contend Mike.
Meanwhile I am not really advanced photographer, I only study.
Concerning a support, I already look after... there is a wish to buy a universal support which will be suitable both for the house, and for exits to the nature... I am fond of the photo of the nature.
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 - 03:18 PM UTC
Kirill, sorry for the late reply. Life is happening and gets in the way of fun aka; models Nice to read your a Nikon guy as well. Personally, I had the opportunity to play with Canon as well, but my nikon seems better to me. It felt robust...not a toy like. I'm into nature as well and Sunsets. I have couple of good sunse shot that will soon be on display at a local gallery with few other photographs of my own. I'm very excited If you get an opportunity, share few of your shots here. Sure will love to see your side of the Woods!

Anyway, how about an update on your Stryker for us?
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 02:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kirill, sorry for the late reply. Life is happening and gets in the way of fun aka; models Nice to read your a Nikon guy as well. Personally, I had the opportunity to play with Canon as well, but my nikon seems better to me. It felt robust...not a toy like. I'm into nature as well and Sunsets. I have couple of good sunse shot that will soon be on display at a local gallery with few other photographs of my own. I'm very excited If you get an opportunity, share few of your shots here. Sure will love to see your side of the Woods!

Anyway, how about an update on your Stryker for us?

There are no problems, Mike. I have not a lot of free time too to be engaged in a favourite hobby. I also as well as at you have an opportunity to compare Canon and Nikon. My wife has just Canon 550d and know... my Nikon is pleasant to me more, it allows to tell more thinly what we see on a photo.
Gallery? I congratulate! This undoubtedly big achievement!
Where it is possible to see your photos?
The nature she is fine. I of course am not engaged professionally in shooting, usually I combine photography with departures on fishing or campaigns. I will place couple of photos here, I hope administration won't punish me.

And here according to Stryker I have nothing to show so far, I am engaged in the detailing. I do conducting, antennas... I add bigger quantity of etched and self-made details.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2017 - 02:20 AM UTC
Small updating, I have added a little etching from Eduard. To regular wheels from set I have added effect of loading.
I have added several antennas... I will be engaged in more fine details, namely conducting, etc. further.

The_musings_of_NBNoG
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 516 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2017 - 05:48 AM UTC
coming along quite nicely

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

coming along quite nicely

... but very slowly.
Thanks for the comment!
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:57 AM UTC
Kirill, those are nice scenic shots. I like the creative touch with the early morning dew spider web I'm no professional by any means, but I have been a lucky photographer. You will find out soon if you shot often that 90% of photography is luck and rest is being persistence. If you take your time mother nature will reward you something unexpected and unique. Not to highjack your thread, but here are couple of mine to show what I mean...

I love sunsets...

And my little hovering friends...

As for your update, boy she is coming along really nice. I will be interested to see how you paint your resin side storage racks with storage molded inside it.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:24 AM UTC
I am excited about your fotograif Mike!! You undoubtedly have a talent of the photographer!

On model, I wanted to show new updating in these days off, but household chores haven't allowed to make the photoreport...

Of coloring of objects in baskets - I think difficulties won't arise - I do it not for the first time.
roygdarwin
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 04:53 AM UTC
very nice build you have goinog ,I very much your sciec shots well done.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 - 12:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

very nice build you have goinog ,I very much your sciec shots well done.

Thanks for the feedback Roy! ...
I still have time to spoil everything!
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 - 07:33 PM UTC
Looking nice. Did you use the kit wheels or aftermarket ones?
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 - 11:51 PM UTC
Kirill;
i have chosen the AFV Club offering of the basic chassis to model all version of the Stryker family of vehicles.Kit bashing parts from Trumpeter and AFV to obtain the best finished model
Todd
 _GOTOTOP