_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
British 6pdr
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 06:25 AM UTC
Another new product from Zvezda at this time is the diminutive British Anti-Tank Gun QF 6-PDR MK-II in 1/35th scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 08:19 AM UTC
Darren: I'd love to be wrong but it looks a lot like the old Italeri Mk 1 six pounder. Given Italeri and Zvesda's partnerings in the past, it's a distinct possibility.

Again,I'd love to be mistaken.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 09:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Darren: I'd love to be wrong but it looks a lot like the old Italeri Mk 1 six pounder. Given Italeri and Zvesda's partnerings in the past, it's a distinct possibility.

You're right Roy, to be more specific it's the old Peerless/MAX gun, originally released with the ol' veteran Chevrolet 15 CWT kit. Surprised Italeri didn't just make it part of their regular line, actually.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 09:33 AM UTC
I will take your word for it Roy and Julian however the images looked ok with the limited number that were there anyway.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 - 06:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You're right Roy, to be more specific it's the old Peerless/MAX gun, originally released with the ol' veteran Chevrolet 15 CWT kit. Surprised Italeri didn't just make it part of their regular line, actually.

Italeri carried it in their line and tried to pass it off as the US M1 57mm gun. When they re re re released the Bedford Portee they conveniently forgot to add the 6 pdr. This is crude by current standards but head an shoulders ahead of Tamiya's toylike offering.
Surely 2013 will be the year we see a decent 6 pdr/57mm kitted in plastic. It was the backbone of Western Allied Anti Tank strength from 41 onward yet has been studiously ignored by the mainstream.
Al
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 10:48 PM UTC
Well, better than no 6 pounder at all. It's just a shame no other producer has had a crack at the 6 in its other mk's or even the Airborne versions. Can't afford the Resicast versions so this wii do.
P.S Can some after market company please make a muzzle break as on the Brit Airborne guns...?
 _GOTOTOP