_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Bumper Releases from TANKOGRAD
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 08:30 AM UTC
TANKOGRAD has a bumper release schedule for us in March with eight new releases to get us dipping our hands in our pockets. The eight new titles range from titles covering World War Two to the current day.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 10:40 AM UTC
Great!! But I'm not really in the market for bumper releases. BTW, what are they?
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 11:57 AM UTC
I wonder if the 1st AD publication will have photos of the famous pink sheep at Stork Barracks.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 01:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder if the 1st AD publication will have photos of the famous pink sheep at Stork Barracks.

That's "Storck" with a "c". I was stationed there and still misspell the name.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 02:11 PM UTC
Joseph;

Storck BKS vet? That'll make us sort of home-boys! I operated out of there 1975 - '78! Maybe there WILL be a pic of the old home-stead in that book!

Bob
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 04:13 PM UTC
A-1/6 INF, '81-'85. We were in the barracks at the SW end of post, across from the 1/13 AR motor pool. When I was at Ansbach waiting to get my unit assignment, one of the E-5's called me over to let me know where I was going. He pointed at the list and started to imitate a sheep. I asked him why he was doing that. He started giggling like a mental patient and said, "Don't worry, you'll find out. He wasn't B.S.'ing, either. I didn't even have a chance to in-process before I was pulling CQ duty that first night in Illesheim. The First Sergeant, Francis "The Talking Top/First Frankie" McIntosh, briefed me, handed me the alert book, a flashlight and a baseball bat. I asked him what the bat and flashlight were for. The Cu Chi Ranger said I was required to take them with me when making my rounds above the second floor and left it at that. I did need them. All of the lights were shut off (read broken) in the hallway. I broke the jaw and left leg of some alpha-hotel who tried to ambush me with an entrenching tool in the squad bathroom next to the stairway. I really wished I could have been sent to Leavenworth or Ft. Riley at that point. They were safer. Welcome to Hell. We hope you enjoy your stay.
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 - 03:09 AM UTC
Might have to get the OZAK book . Image 25 shows a ADGZ armoured car pulling a 105mm ? field gun . Interesting idea for a diorama using the new AMG kit
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A-1/6 INF, '81-'85. We were in the barracks at the SW end of post, across from the 1/13 AR motor pool. When I was at Ansbach waiting to get my unit assignment, one of the E-5's called me over to let me know where I was going. He pointed at the list and started to imitate a sheep. I asked him why he was doing that. He started giggling like a mental patient and said, "Don't worry, you'll find out. He wasn't B.S.'ing, either. I didn't even have a chance to in-process before I was pulling CQ duty that first night in Illesheim. The First Sergeant, Francis "The Talking Top/First Frankie" McIntosh, briefed me, handed me the alert book, a flashlight and a baseball bat. I asked him what the bat and flashlight were for. The Cu Chi Ranger said I was required to take them with me when making my rounds above the second floor and left it at that. I did need them. All of the lights were shut off (read broken) in the hallway. I broke the jaw and left leg of some alpha-hotel who tried to ambush me with an entrenching tool in the squad bathroom next to the stairway. I really wished I could have been sent to Leavenworth or Ft. Riley at that point. They were safer. Welcome to Hell. We hope you enjoy your stay.

We could share some stories about I'heim! I was HQ'd in Furth but spent almost all of my time attached to 793-A MP and the PMO (the MP station) by the main gate as a traffic-accident investigator and liaison to the Landespolizei. One of the "Illisheim county-mounties". Also played on the USAREUR SMLM "hunter" team for southern FRG. Got a lot of road and air time from Wurzburg to Nurnb out to the border chasing Reds in nice beemers and mercedes! What excitement the kids of today have missed!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP