_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Italeri Sd.Kfz.10/5 with FLAK 38
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 08:05 AM UTC
Out of stock for some time, Italeri bring back their late '90s Sd.Kfz.10/5 Demag D7 with FLAK 38.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Ironmike
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 05:09 PM UTC
Decent enough older kit but how about something fresh. This kit (I built it several years ago) has some old style issues and needs a facelift and a tuck or two. I hope these guys aren't getting like Hollyweird and cranking out remakes of old, stale stuff.
Crunch Hardtack
Chilihead
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 626 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 01:25 AM UTC
Italeri is the King of re-releases! they have been doing it for 30 years!
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 12:35 AM UTC
and for around $33 too! I have one of these in the stash with all the Eduard and Extratech sets. I also collected some extra Dragon 250 suspension and tracks to put on it. I had tried to sell mine a while back for around $35 with no bites, so I cant imagine this being a huge seller for them with the Dragon kit only slightly more on the second-hand market.

Ill probably just build mine with the various extras. I did the same to the Italeri 10/4 about 8 years ago , and it turned out pretty nice. The Eduard set adds quite a bit to the basic kit, though it doesn't fix the sprocket/track issues.

I had read somewhere that the suspension is a bit compressed too.. but when I built my 10/4 it looked fine to me (I didn't take calipers to it though!). Anybody verify this?

here is the 10/4:

yeah, I know the tracks are floating...someday ill fix it.

Andy
 _GOTOTOP