_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Paratroopers and Prisoners
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 04:29 AM UTC
MiniArt Has released further news of their US 101st Airborne Division (Normandy 1944) which could mean this figure set will be hitting the stores soon.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 05:31 AM UTC
Another wel sculpted set of US Paratroopers and three Axis soldiers.
Though one "complaint": the box art suggests rather young Germans, which could have been a welcome add. The reality coming out of the box is quite some years older.
Nevertheless: Thanks MiniArt for this beautiful set.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 05:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another wel sculpted set of US Paratroopers and three Axis soldiers.
Though one "complaint": the box art suggests rather young Germans, which could have been a welcome add. The reality coming out of the box is quite some years older.
Nevertheless: Thanks MiniArt for this beautiful set.

Good point. But the good thing is,if you want younger guys go for a Hornet resin head?
Nice thing about this very high quality set is that you can use these guys in all kinds of different settings,together or apart.
WaffenSS waiting for mail or food? Paras giving aid to a fallen fellow para,etc.
J
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 06:32 AM UTC
Dear Jerry,

Right you are.
But.............
I think we should signal that the box art reproduces a rather fair impression of the contents. My local hobby shop owner gets rather nervous if I ask him if he is willing to open the box. For > € 50 boxes he is reluctantly willing. These MiniArt kind of boxes come into the category: 'take it or leave it'.
However: MiniArt never disappoints you. The 'issue' is thus not the quality, but a not-completely-coverage by the box art.

Last, but not least: I am not intending to bash MiniArt, just noticing something.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 06:56 AM UTC
[quote]Dear Jerry,

Right you are.
But.............
I think we should signal that the box art reproduces a rather fair impression of the contents. My local hobby shop owner gets rather nervous if I ask him if he is willing to open the box. For > € 50 boxes he is reluctantly willing. These MiniArt kind of boxes come into the category: 'take it or leave it'.
However: MiniArt never disappoints you. The 'issue' is thus not the quality, but a not-completely-coverage by the box art.

Last, but not least: I am not intending to bash MiniArt, just noticing something. [/quote

I hear ya brother. This used to happen with the first boxes of MB figs that appeared IIRC. It would be helpful if you actually got what was on the box art. We are now lucky to have the interwebs to help with reviews!
J
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 09:06 AM UTC
This will be one of the miniart sets I will buy multiples of despite being dissappointed in the relationship of the boxart to the contents. I know what you mean Jerry about the Hornet heads and I have two perfect heads from HH31, boy, youths, old men but it would be nice to get what you see on the outside of the box. We know they can sculpt young faces because they did a good job on the hitler Youth in the German Civilian set
tylusfaust
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 09:33 AM UTC
k
tylusfaust
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 09:34 AM UTC
This looks really nice. Sharp, crisp modeling. Alot sharper than I've seen in other miniart sets. This looks DML Gen2 sharp. I will definitely be getting one.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This will be one of the miniart sets I will buy multiples of despite being dissappointed in the relationship of the boxart to the contents. I know what you mean Jerry about the Hornet heads and I have two perfect heads from HH31, boy, youths, old men but it would be nice to get what you see on the outside of the box. We know they can sculpt young faces because they did a good job on the hitler Youth in the German Civilian set

I hear ya Pat,I will also be getting one of these. I am still kicking my self for not getting a few of the DML Hohenstaufen kits when they came out. Now they are impossible to find!!
J
 _GOTOTOP