_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Emergency services
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 09:27 AM UTC
Ok this is a retry of my last campaign proposal, hopefully this should be easier to understand.

So, this campaign is for builds of the emergency services, as pointed out in a previous thread, many emergency services across the world use military hardware that's modified for 'street' use, so this is for those sort of vehicles, units etc. So as a 1st rule, whatever the build, it must be of a emergency manner, be it one of the main three (police, fire or medics) or, you can think abit more deeper, coast guard, bomb squad etc. I'm not a big fan of loads of rules so this is pretty much the only limit on the build, so any scale welcome, land sea or air (try and do all 3 in one dio....), guys I am new to this campaign stuff so just say if there is anything worth changing here, im always open to ideas!

Bronzey
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:15 AM UTC
Hello This sounds like a cool Build idea any idea on the time frame if the time frame is right i may try to do some type of Fire department vehicle

Sascha(Ironowl)
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:11 PM UTC
I'm in. I'll probably do the bomb squad vehicle.

Sascha, Revell makes a 1/32 fire engine. It's snap-together but from what I've read about it, the detailing is pretty nice. And the scale will allow you to use 1/35 figures and accessories. Lindberg makes an older (1950s-ish) style firetruck but it's pretty bare bones.

https://www.squadron.com/product-p/rm1945.htm
https://www.squadron.com/product-p/li72197.htm
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:14 PM UTC
hello all

Yeah ive seen it I'm looking at a 2002 LaFrance Pumper resin kit but whoa its a little $$$ but the choices are very limited i'm also considering a fire Humvee will see

Sascha(Ironowl)
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 02:16 PM UTC
For fire I know what I would love to do, ita call a Green Goddess, the army used them about 10 years ago when the British fire brigade went on strike, can't remember much about them all I remember is that they was old and slow! Lol im pretty sure that the green goddesses used to be the fire brigades and was handed to the army in the 80's, will look it up when I am home and not at work.

Bronzey
stef29
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 02:41 PM UTC
I've seen a few pics of old M2/M3 halftracks converted to fire trucks. Is that the sort of thing you are suggesting?
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 03:08 PM UTC
A half track fire truck? Wow that's cool! Yeah that works for sure, anything like that, ex military conversions, be it a designed conversion or something different like a half track fire truck.

Bronzey
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 03:43 PM UTC
I'm in
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 04:53 PM UTC
Sascha,
After I remembered I saw a thread about a fire truck on automodeller I popped over there, i saw that you have already popped over there yourself, anyways I found the thread, see the link below

http://automodeler.kitmaker.net/forums/201552&page=1

Bronzey
stef29
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 12:33 AM UTC
Here's a pic of the firetruck, I've actually seen others - different ones actually - and will keep up my search as a potential for this campaign. It will be my first campaign, I hope we get a good amount of time!

bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 03:03 AM UTC
Bill,

Yes I googled it last night and found that picture, it is seriously cool, no need for sirens you would hear it coming a mile off! As for time, I was thinking '9' months long, as in the UK emergency number 999 and the US having 911, just a little twist lol

Bronzey
stef29
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 05:27 AM UTC
That's a good twist Bronzey, I think I can handle it. Might be looking for a Christmas extension but we can cross that bridge when we get there... Cheers!
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 05:34 AM UTC
Ok so I count 5 so far to do a build of a civilian/military conversion emergency vehicle/unit/dio, still havnt made my mind up on my plan yet, thinking possibly a Land Rover build, as they are used by most emergency services and being the only Brit on this build so far I want to 'fly our flag' for Briton lol

Bronzey
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 06:38 AM UTC
hello, count on me with a dodge or gmc fire truck. a fairly common conversion in France. but what are the dates of the campaign ?
steph
Removed by original poster on 04/24/13 - 20:14:34 (GMT).
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:13 AM UTC
Steph,

Not sure on a start date but I think we are going for a 9 month time limit, figured I would see what everyone else feels about start time.

It seems that I have timed this campaign well, for those who haven't see it, haven't check out this link to the new ICM news of a fire truck.

http://armorama.com/news/14183

Bronzey
stef29
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 12:48 PM UTC
I'd love a bit of a delay to the start, working on an Abrams for Bob Buriks project for the 3rd Infantry Division Museum Thunder Run display. I have a couple months of work left on it and need to get that done since there is a deliverable for him.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 01:01 PM UTC
I am almost definitly in with this one.. .Being from the Cape Cod area, we have somewhat unique Brush trucks, called brush breakers... usually built on retired military Chassis 5 tons.... http://www.firenews.org/mass/m/MassMilitaryB408.jpg
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 02:42 PM UTC
I'm in. I intend to build a police support unit truck using a resin ambulance body and a Dodge RAM cab.
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 02:45 PM UTC
That is a Sweet Looking Brush Truck and the M-3 Halftrack Fire Truck wow ive never seen one before thats cool.

Sascha(Ironowl)
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 02:45 PM UTC
Count me in! I've been meaning to build something like this for some time now. Did you see the cool 2 1/2 ton truck conversions and stuff on www.armyfiretrucks.com ? Lots of good ideas.
-Sean H.
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 06:39 AM UTC
Ok guys, loving the ideas being thrown around here, some amazing looking machines too, feel like the UK are abit boring when it comes to our emergency service vehicles! So the roll call so far is;

Bronzey
IronOwl
Bluestab
stef29
captnenglish
steph2102
fhvn4d
Trisaw
windysean

A count of 9 in so far, as for start date, I was thinking 1st July? Alex if i remember rightly you are down for the postcard challenge, as am i, so i hope this time frame works for you, as i mentioned i think 9 months is a good time to run it for, any issues just give me a shout, at the end of the day its all abit of fun so i don't want anyone stressing for no reason.

As for my build, keep thinking bout a northern Ireland police/bomb squad Land Rover.... But i do like the idea of a riot vehicle..... Still not decided though.

Bronzey
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 07:39 AM UTC
Alex B, The time frame is fine. I tend to be overbooked on these things anyway.

Question though. I've got a Maxi Ambulance partially built. I had planned on making it into a communications vehicle...then as a television remote truck. If I go with the bomb squad idea I'll have to disassemble the bed area and make it more bomb squad-ish...not to mention try to figure out a way to reasonably accommodate the bomb-bot. Would that be allowed or do I need to look into pickign up another Maxi Ambulance kit?
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 07:59 AM UTC
Alex, its fine you can use it, this is going to be a heavy scratch building campaign anyways so its not about the 'out of box' build.

Bronzey
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 12:58 AM UTC
i'm in! always wanted to to a land rover fire truck
 _GOTOTOP