_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Two Axis Power Tanks from Dragon
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 01:15 AM UTC
Two new announcements for Dragon Models has two World War Two Axis powers tanks in 1/35 scale coming our way.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 02:39 AM UTC
Gotta have the type 95. I knew there would be more variants coming out.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 09:16 AM UTC
DDragon also has a new s.IG 33 auf Pz. III kit coming along, per a previous thread/announcement today.

They all of course sound like generally cool kits. But my enthusiasm ebbs, as these all have those DS tracks, and, frankly, I don't like them. I do, fortunately, have a couple more Pz. III/IV magic-track link sets which I could use But when those are gone...

Bob
heico1980
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 97 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 07:45 PM UTC
I like the DS-tracks and i believe many others do too... Much better then cleaning up each seperate link...
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 12:14 AM UTC
Nice... a Ha-Go I can deal with without pulling my hair out on separate links!

~ Jeff
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi, All! Here we go again... Two more warmed-over kits from DRAGON. Somehow, I just can't get very excited over ANOTHER Pz.Kpfw.IV... The second kit of the HA-GO however, is on my list, but that's as far as I'm going to go with the Type 95. I've got one of the EXCELLENT KA-MIs, and am anxious to get one of the KA-MIs with Floatation Pontoons. As an aside, yeah, DRAGON's "MAGIC TRACKS" are great stuff, but so are their "DS TRACKS"... I'd have to admit that I like the "DS TRACKS" a bit more than the single-link style. In my opinion, I can't see why the manufacturers couldn't compromise and, for example, use the same style of "Link-and-Length" tracks as TAMIYA's IS-2, with the top run of tracks having "built-in" track sag... The "DS" units are perfect for US-built stuff, as American Armor uses "live" tracks, which require tight track tension. I've found that I can simulate track sag with "DS" tracks by building-up the suspension with the track tension a little bit looser, and then applying a bit of cyano-glue to the UNDERSIDES of the track in-between the sprockets, return rollers and front/rear idlers, depending on which vehicle I'm building. I've been around for a while, and I am one of those old guys from the "Dark Ages", when we had NO aftermarket to speak of, or CAD-designed kits containing anywhere from 100 to 10,000 slide-molded parts. We are SOOOO spoiled today...
 _GOTOTOP