Base for King Tiger
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 253 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hi

in the beginning of April I bought beautiful model of Dragon Armor King Tiger No: 61030. I was suprised how high quality is this 1:35 tank.

Few days later I decided to build base for my "Kiten". This is not very ambitious project, but I would like to use a lot of greenery in his construction.

Base will be rather small 40x25 cm (or 16x10 in) just enough for the tank and some additional nice rural scenery.

Idea is very simple, just King Tiger passing by narrow rural road. You can see here my concept "drawing" just on the cardboard surface of the terrain.

If you want see more please visit my blog blog (it is in polish but You can use translator in upper right corner)

Any comments or advices always wellcomed.

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 10:43 AM UTC
Nice start with the base Wojtek. Those flowers/weeds look nicely detailed. How are they scale-wise? Could you show an image with a 1/35 figure please? They´re expensive but look excellent ... would like to know more about them.
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 04:39 AM UTC
Looks promising. Hopefully, lots of pictures will come along to show good progress. I am confident that the pond will be stunning, judging by the fine paint work on this King Tiger.
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 07:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks promising. Hopefully, lots of pictures will come along to show good progress. I am confident that the pond will be stunning, judging by the fine paint work on this King Tiger.

Hi Rick,

I have to tell You the true this tank... this is not my job, I just bought this "beauty" in the shop, this is collectible 1:35 Dragon Armor. But the quality of this model is stunning !

Hope you are not disappointed

Cheers
Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 07:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice start with the base Wojtek. Those flowers/weeds look nicely detailed. How are they scale-wise? Could you show an image with a 1/35 figure please? They´re expensive but look excellent ... would like to know more about them.

Hi Frank,

of course I will try to do some photos today, NOCH is the maker of this flowers/weeds. The biggest are about 2 cm (or 4/5 in) tall. Original scale is H0 gauge, but in 1:87 scale they will be about 5-5,6 foot tall, way to much IMHO

Cheers
Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 08:26 AM UTC
Hi Frank

I give up I dont have good enough soldiersin 1:35 so I decided to use (metric) ruler to show you how big are this flowers and weeds.

Here You have some pictures, I think that I will need about ten times more of this stuff o reach good effect

More photos of base after weekend at MAKIETARIUM.pl

Cheers
Wojtek
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 03:23 AM UTC
Hi,

yesterday I was in small pitoresque town Bardo, and I took the picture of beautiful stone bridge. I think this is perfect layout for big diorama.

Maybe we should create whole album in Armorama with such pictures - inspirations for big and small dioramas ?

Cheers
Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 08:53 AM UTC
Hi

Today I would like to post few photos of next steps of build.

Base have first layer of "ground" - coat made from ready to use ceramic tiles glue

And then painted for color proof, I found that I have to use much darker colours, closer to the incoming autumn of 1944

Building bases and dioramas I am always using three simple rules of composition:

- use "golden cut" (1:1,61)
- DO NOT USE paralel or perpendicular lines
- create three planes in each base (first pond and fence, second tank on the road and third - small hill with three)

More photos of build on my blog

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM

_GOTOTOP