_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
MiniArt Moves to Ardennes
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 - 06:04 AM UTC
For diorama builders there is another Ardennes house on the way from MiniArt in 1/35 scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
pdelsoglio
Visit this Community
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 - 09:13 AM UTC
It looks like a great rendition of one Ardennes building. Looking forward to its realease.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 - 10:14 AM UTC
Just came back from Bastogne and this is very accurate.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 - 02:58 PM UTC
I'm going to have to give this company another shot. I bought the normandy crossroads set, and I don't know what I was expecting but, I found it unusable and pitched it. This is very tempting. If anyone has tips on working with the large thin plastic pieces then I'm all ears. I have trouble gluing the flimsy pieces together without enormous gaps, uneven edges, and an all-around unconvincing look for houses and structures.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 - 07:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm going to have to give this company another shot. I bought the normandy crossroads set, and I don't know what I was expecting but, I found it unusable and pitched it. This is very tempting. If anyone has tips on working with the large thin plastic pieces then I'm all ears. I have trouble gluing the flimsy pieces together without enormous gaps, uneven edges, and an all-around unconvincing look for houses and structures.

Hi, Nathan,

Have you visited their website part with construction instructions?
Here clearly can be seen how to handle this kind of plastic parts.
Though I agree that the seams may form a tempting part, especially on those spots where more parts come together.

Having studied the pictures, I was wondering how the door ends up in the middle wall? The floors show different levels, creating a construction challenge.......

PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 - 11:22 PM UTC
I really like this one and it's too bad I am terrible at figures as you could really pose soldiers at many of the windows.

~ Jeff
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The floors show different levels, creating a construction challenge.......

Even too challenging for MiniArt as they didn't include a floor section! The easiest fix is, if and when installing interior floors, is to install a couple of steps up to the upper floor. I think any other approaches to fixing this would require major structural changes to the building front and exterior steps.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The floors show different levels, creating a construction challenge.......

Even too challenging for MiniArt as they didn't include a floor section! The easiest fix is, if and when installing interior floors, is to install a couple of steps up to the upper floor. I think any other approaches to fixing this would require major structural changes to the building front and exterior steps.

The middle wall door is equal to the lowest floor level! Normally, the door should be level to the highest floor level, making a small outside stairs possible. Now, one has to rework a complete floor.
I am sure that MiniArt "construction engineers" would have noticed this if installing both floor as well.
Never mind: it looks good from the outside! And not every hit can be a bull's eye, can it?
And at least, it is not a damaged house/barn............

Looking forward to see their next building.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 - 09:26 PM UTC
yup, nice little building, inspired by Monroe Perdue if I'm not mistaken

They've got their roof colour wrong though! Ardennes houses have slate roofs, i.e. slate grey, not brick red!!

MiniArt have evolved into something big by now! Lots of useful things, and basically great value for your buck!

Cheers

Romain
 _GOTOTOP