_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Dragons Adds More Panzers
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 09:21 AM UTC
Well the common theme coming out of Dragon seems to be Panzers, and there are two more on their way to join all the other...uh...Panzers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 09:47 AM UTC
What about the M48 and the Japanese tanks released lately. Just an observation.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 09:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well the common theme coming out of Dragon seems to be Panzers, and there are two more on their way to join all the other...uh...Panzers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Hi, All! Re: More Panzers... (sigh) No! I'm not going there... I'm not even going to say I told you so... Besides my usual off-topic rants concerning German Vehicles, I DO HAVE TO ADMIT, DRAGON IS CERTAINLY DETERMINED TO HAVE ALL BASES COVERED WHEN IT COMES TO PANZERS!!!

The "new" Pz.III Ausf.H (Early) will CERTAINLY be welcome additions to all you " Panzer-Meyers' " collections. I did it the "hard way"- by back-dating a Pz.III Ausf.J (late) some years ago. I built mine to represent an AFRIKA KORPS Ausf.H (early) mounting the "short" 5cm w/dust cover. I'm sure that a lot of other people up-dated or back-dated their own Pz.IIIs to represent an Ausf.H (early)... I'm going to leave things just as they are as far as Pz.IIIs are concerned in my collection- I won't rush out to buy this latest permutation.

in any case, we COULD use some Pz.III Ausf.A thru Ausf.D versions, no?
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 03:49 PM UTC
More panzers? From, of all folks, Dragon? You just gotta be kidding. Why the HECK would the D bring out another Pz. III?

OK. D is doing what D has done oh so well for quite a while. Panzers, panzers, and, did I miss something? Panzers. It's D's major stock-in-trade, and with respect to Shermie fans and folks wisting for Allied this and anyone else that, D does a great job with panzers and German sells. So what do we expect? I'm not surprised at all to see more Pz from the D.

Another Pz. III? Personally, it's pretty ho-hum and I won't buy one. Now, IF this was one of those III Ausf A, B, C or D (talk about WIST!)... But that Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (A)... YES! That's my type of new kit! This one is cool, in a clunky sort of way, and hey, maybe the D has fixed a few problems from the previous effort on this type. One can always hope!

I'll have to work on that Honey-Do list before August rolls around!

Bob
ViperAtl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 05:40 PM UTC
Oh goodie, Magic Tracks!
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 08:45 PM UTC
I just have toi wonder what are dragon going to once they run out of obscure versions of panzers?
alexanderb
Visit this Community
Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 08:55 PM UTC
Of course they gonna redo-update the whole series of panzers, as they did in the past !!!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 12:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What about the M48 and the Japanese tanks released lately. Just an observation.

Hi, All! Actually, I posted some comments on both the new M48A3 and the "NEW!!!" HA-GO and KA-MI with "Pontoons" kits from DRAGON several days ago. But, since PANZERS ALWAYS TAKE PRIORITY, hardly anyone noticed. That's OK, we "not-necessarily-just-German-Panzer-kit-modellers" are just "poor relations" in the modelling world, so we are not worthy of being seen OR heard.

As I said in another post, I for one, am NOT ECSTATIC over the "NEW!!! Pz.KpfwIII Ausf.H (early), since I back-dated a "late" Pz.III Ausf.J a couple of years ago. If the "BIG D" wants to do a whole regiment of Pz.III kits, why not do something different? Like Pz.III Ausf.As thru Ausf.Ds, for instance..? No, that would make too much sense...

My going into another long rant about this will only bring forth a multitude of rebuttals from all the "PANZER-MEYERS" out there...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 12:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

More panzers? From, of all folks, Dragon? You just gotta be kidding. Why the HECK would the D bring out another Pz. III?

OK. D is doing what D has done oh so well for quite a while. Panzers, panzers, and, did I miss something? Panzers. It's D's major stock-in-trade, and with respect to Shermie fans and folks wisting for Allied this and anyone else that, D does a great job with panzers and German sells. So what do we expect? I'm not surprised at all to see more Pz from the D.

Another Pz. III? Personally, it's pretty ho-hum and I won't buy one. Now, IF this was one of those III Ausf A, B, C or D (talk about WIST!)... But that Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (A)... YES! That's my type of new kit! This one is cool, in a clunky sort of way, and hey, maybe the D has fixed a few problems from the previous effort on this type. One can always hope!

I'll have to work on that Honey-Do list before August rolls around!

Bob

Watch out, Bob! Prepare yourself against all the sticks and stones the "PANZER-MANIACS" are going to hurl at us for not genuflecting at DRAGON's feet over another "NEW!!!" Panzer...
This post was removed.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 12:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just have toi wonder what are dragon going to once they run out of obscure versions of panzers?

I KNOW!!! DRAGON will re-release all of the same old kits as "NEW!!!" all over again!!! ISN'T THAT GREAT?!?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 12:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Of course they gonna redo-update the whole series of panzers, as they did in the past !!!

Hi, Alexander!!! YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!!!
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:28 AM UTC
The bright side of this is that "old" panzer kits, like even just a couple of years, start getting discounted, some heavily. Check some of the prices on DragonUSAOnline, for those actually in stock.
Modelltreff
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:33 AM UTC
YAWN... Who cares about Dragon news anmore? The Dragon had its time but he is old and weak now and seems to die slowly....

This handfull of Dragon fanboys won't be enough to keep him alive...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:38 AM UTC
Yep. I'll be buying another slew of Dragon panzers, next month.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:52 AM UTC
I'm with you, Matt!

Looks like a Pz IB with that bomb-laying gadget, maybe the recent Marder II kit, probably that new StuG III F/8, certainly the just-announced Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (A) late, and the new SdKfz 10 w/ 5.0cm PaK 38 are all getting onto my wish-list! That new IV-H w/ zimm should be, too. But I'm trying to show restraint.

The wallet can't stand it, and the heat in the kitchen could get fierce. That Honey-Do list really really has to get done!

German sells. D makes lots of fine German. I've bought lots (even built a few) and will definitely buy more!

Bob
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 05:33 AM UTC
Let's tone down the troll postings gentlemen. If you don't like the news then move on to a topic you do like. We don't need to hear the same tired Dragon, Trumpeter, [insert your least liked maker here] bashing over and over each time we post a news item.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Let's tone down the troll postings gentlemen. If you don't like the news then move on to a topic you do like. We don't need to hear the same tired Dragon, Trumpeter, [insert your least liked maker here] bashing over and over each time we post a news item.

OK Jim, I hear what you're saying. On a more positive note, let's see some of the earlier Pz.IIIs and IVs... I mean like the Pz.IIIAusf.A's & Ausf.B's, with the FIVE large roadwheels as opposed to the more common 6 road-wheeled types..? The Ausf.B's and C's had EIGHT smaller road wheels, similar to the Pz.IV-series' road wheels. The Ausf.D's had thicker armor, with "shutter-type" visor slots...

There was even a Pz.Kpfw.III built with FAMO interleaved road wheel suspension, a la the Sd.Kfz.9 Heavy Prime Mover... This project was cancelled after testing...

Also, sort of off topic, some of the really early Pz.Kpfw.IIs, such as the Ausf.a1, a2 and a3's, along with Ausf.b's and c's might satisfy some of the guys that hunger for some of the real "rara avis"-German types... The main production-series of the Pz.Kpf.II started with the Ausf.A, B, and C models. Both DRAGON and TAMIYA have released the Ausf.C's...

I'd like to see BRONCO do a Flammpanzer II "FLAMINGO"- BRONCO already has the major portion of the tooling for this one. The ICM/ALAN kits are getting to be "a little bit long in the tooth"...
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 03:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for this post Jim!

I know guys are frustrated/pissed because the things they want to see aren't getting produced, and I completely understand that, but it is just as frustrating/tiring coming into a thread to get the scoop on the new offering only to read the same old compaints and comments over and over.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

OK Jim, I hear what you're saying. On a more positive note, let's see some of the earlier Pz.IIIs and IVs... I mean like the Pz.IIIAusf.A's & Ausf.B's, with the FIVE large roadwheels as opposed to the more common 6 road-wheeled types..? The Ausf.B's and C's had EIGHT smaller road wheels, similar to the Pz.IV-series' road wheels. The Ausf.D's had thicker armor, with "shutter-type" visor slots...

There was even a Pz.Kpfw.III built with FAMO interleaved road wheel suspension, a la the Sd.Kfz.9 Heavy Prime Mover... This project was cancelled after testing...

Also, sort of off topic, some of the really early Pz.Kpfw.IIs, such as the Ausf.a1, a2 and a3's, along with Ausf.b's and c's might satisfy some of the guys that hunger for some of the real "rara avis"-German types... The main production-series of the Pz.Kpf.II started with the Ausf.A, B, and C models. Both DRAGON and TAMIYA have released the Ausf.C's...

I'd like to see BRONCO do a Flammpanzer II "FLAMINGO"- BRONCO already has the major portion of the tooling for this one. The ICM/ALAN kits are getting to be "a little bit long in the tooth"...

This would be great! I'm getting a little tired of the same tank, with minor modifications. A different suspension would be much appreciated. I've just started to get into the IIIs. I prefer those and most any short barreled panzer. It would be heaven sent if Dragon/CH retooled some of their older kits.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 04:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

This would be great! I'm getting a little tired of the same tank, with minor modifications. A different suspension would be much appreciated. I've just started to get into the IIIs. I prefer those and most any short barreled panzer. It would be heaven sent if Dragon/CH retooled some of their older kits.

AGREED!!! I like to model the "short-barrelled" Panzers as well, with the "earlier" US 75mm M4 Mediums at the top of my list. ( M4 MEDIUMS RULE!!! ) The "short-barrelled 3.7cm and 5cm IIIs" are probably my favorites in the GERMAN AFV realm, although I always did like the looks of an Ausf.L with the extra "bolt-on" armor and "long 5cm" main gun...
 _GOTOTOP