_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS
Tiger I Initial Production
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 - 04:20 AM UTC
Jeffrey Nelson shares with us an incredible model of a Tiger 1 in 1/144th scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 521 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 - 05:39 AM UTC
The only thing is I don't think unless this is traveling in a quiet zone is that the gas containers , I don't think that is the right place to put them . A couple of shots and the gas will run into the tank all it's waiting for is a flame .
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 - 06:40 AM UTC
Amazingly, this was standard procedure for this battalion on those long drives through Tunisia!

David
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 - 09:39 AM UTC
Looking good, Jeff!

It's really hard to appreciate the scale without seeing this in person. It'd literally fit into a small matchbox with room to spare.

Thanks for sharing!
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 02:48 PM UTC
Darren,

Thank you for posting this for me. This was a pleasant surprise to find.

Edmund,

Thank you for your comments. As David's post shows, there is evidence that the 501st did indeed tie-down Fuel and/or Water Cans on top of their turrets, along with boxes that likely contained kit, spare parts and ammo. Apparently, the unit's personnel felt secure enough moving their vehicles from the sea port where the Tigers had been offloaded off the ships, to their Area of Operations.

David,

Thank you for your post and also for the information you provided. Your assistance helped me with this build, and is helping with a second, hopefully improved build of this same kit.

Mike,

Thank you for your kind words. They ARE pretty tiny.
tommytanker
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 02:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only thing is I don't think unless this is traveling in a quiet zone is that the gas containers , I don't think that is the right place to put them . A couple of shots and the gas will run into the tank all it's waiting for is a flame .

Edmund, The DAK armor usually strapped Watercans on the top of, and behind turrets! There are numerous pictures of tanks and vehicles with watercans on hoods and turrets. Watercans were black with white X's. Happy tank trails to you!
 _GOTOTOP