_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 M5A1 U.S Light Tank
ponch17
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 07:28 AM UTC
Holla

There is my last tank

It s a Tamiya Kit

More infos about ''how to build'' here
http://www.ch-scale.com/135m5a1/

Many thanks
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hi Julien.. Great job on this oldie but goody ..I like the paint job. One thing I would change are those sand bags ..They are way too stiff and square. I'd change them or get rid of them all together. I would suggest making them out of Miliput or some other type of putty.

Rick
ponch17
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 08:38 PM UTC
Hello yes that s true about the sand bags. They are from the kit but they don t look so good

So i will work on them or replace them.

by a better one ,,

As with the kit I get some fig. including a mortar team maybe the sand bags are for them ... but they was looking better on the tank
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 - 11:14 PM UTC
The weathering has gone well, but the model still appears to be quite shiny. It needs either some dull coat or a better one to really knock down that shine. Perhaps using some pigments and pastel powders could help flatten it out?

While the kit does have some serious problems, and I understand the desire to build kits out of the box, it would really look a lot better witht he tracks replaces. For me, there is something about tracks with the end connectors in the middle of the track pads that just throws me off and detracts significantly from the model.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Paul
ponch17
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:02 PM UTC
Yes it looks too shiny .. I use for the finishing a layer of spray ''tamiya flat clear'' i will try to maybe add a layer of matt varnish from valejo to see the difference.

The model is out of the box.! yes, with rubber tracks. but as the paint job is not perfectly made as I am still learning. i will not add much details.

it's not easy to get from Switzerland we often need to order them out of the country and it's expensive. So actually, I will practice more on some little kits out of the box until I feel good with the paint job.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:14 PM UTC
Just how I like my women, "nice & dirty".
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I will practice more on some little kits out of the box until I feel good with the paint job.

Understood. Good plan.
 _GOTOTOP