_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Width Gauges! I think
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 04:31 AM UTC
Here is a question for all you heavy handed types like me!
At the front of most vehicles and armor in the 2nd world war there were width gauges to prevent the vehicles crashing which way or other and i would like to know if they are for sale on the market for 1/35 scale as i have a large collection of vehicles waiting repair before they are finished!
Please help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 10:31 AM UTC
I think I may be off mark, but are you talking about the yellow circles with the weight on them? If so, these are easy to replicate. Let me know if it is and I can get a photo of some so you can make your own.
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 379 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2002 - 07:53 AM UTC
I thinkwhat you are talking about are the little "thingies" on the front fenders. Usually seen on German vehicles. If so, I think Aber makes them in photoetch and I think they are called "driver knows"????
You can also make them from stretched sprue with a build-up of super glue for the round part on the end.
Does this sound right? Or have I inhaled too much glue fumes?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2002 - 08:55 AM UTC
Ahhh, I remember when we went from the M151A2 to M998s in January 1989, they put those on the passenger corner of the hood. IIRC it was a foot long spring with a little white rubber tip. Sounds like the same concept. Gives the driver an idea of his front bumper.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 03:24 AM UTC
Thanks to both of you for gettin back to me and yes pipesmoker you are right!
Cheers Sabot for letting me know what they are actually made from !
I,m pretty sure the Germans' used the same concept!
regards
 _GOTOTOP