_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
RoyalModel: Universal Details
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 08:34 AM UTC

It looks like Royal Model has two new updates for the famous Universal Carrier.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 09:31 AM UTC
I take it these are for the Riich Model Kit?
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 09:54 AM UTC
I would presume so, but they do not state.

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 07:36 PM UTC
Given the detail Riich put into their kit I was surprised they didn't do the open side panels.

This looks like a useful fun and set.

Al
Wellsbourne
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 10:12 PM UTC
Someone had to do this I guess......not sure about the aerial arrangement on their MkI photo though.....never seen aerials like this fitted.....artistic licence I assume.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 02:25 AM UTC
Neither the Mk.I nor Mk.II kits have radios included, so aerials are artistic license. More than side panels we need modified suspensions that allow for heavy loads of stowage. Where is Resicast in all this? At one time they were listing stowage and conversions for the 3" mortar but I haven't seen them.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hi Bill,

Looking at their price list for 2014 there are 5 conversions for the Riich carrier listed but Not Yet Available. I would think Resicast will wait and see what direction Riich take the carrier in before they commit to anything new as there is little point in doing a conversion in resin that then becomes available in plastic.

Still available though is the 10cwt trailer that was towed by the UC and their 10cwt trailer loads one of which is specific to the 3 inch mortar and recently they released 3 inch mortar wooden ammo boxes.

Resicast already have a selection of excellent UK wireless sets so for anything new carrier wise, it will probably be a case of if there a need that is sustainable to make the time, money and development effort worthwhile.

Unlike Tamiya, Riich are quite likely to produce further versions of the carrier so doing any AM kits might be pointless, and as both Riich kits are excellent kits and require no AM for a decent build, there is little scope there.

Those would be my thoughts, based on what I've read and seen regarding the Riich carrier.

Looking at the surge in product types becoming available from Plastic Manufacturers in British and Commonwealth kits, many of the bread winners for AM companies no longer exist, so they are more likely to look for new sustainable products than to keep flogging a dead horse.

Again those are just my thoughts.

Al
shermadude
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 161 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 06:58 AM UTC
Hi all,
I'm not sure what you mean when you say that there are no radios in the MK I or MK II kits by Riich Models. I have both kits and they include very nice radios, a No.11 set in the MK I and a No.19 set in the MK II.
Regards,Bob
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 07:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
I'm not sure what you mean when you say that there are no radios in the MK I or MK II kits by Riich Models. I have both kits and they include very nice radios, a No.11 set in the MK I and a No.19 set in the MK II.
Regards,Bob

I thought they came with radios to?

Al
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
Regards,Bob

Yesterday was not my finest; you are, of course, correct. My apologies, Gents.

Alan, I think Resicast would do well to offer their excellent stowage sets for the Riich kits, complete with overloaded suspension. It's true their bread & butter of conversions and complete resin kits has changed, but there is still a need for good dedicated stowage sets IMO.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 - 05:07 AM UTC
Hi Bill,

When I was talking with Graham at Duxford last weekend, he mentioned he was doing a lot of contract casting so is very busy at the moment. I dare say given a bit of time and demand stowage sets may follow at some point.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP