_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Best Value Models new Jeep MRL 1944.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 07:40 PM UTC
Hi all,

Best Value Models (Azimut) have released a new Jeep "combo kit".

This time it's a Jeep with armoured cab and rocket launchers.

It's the Italeri Jeep plus plastic parts for the tubes (also from Italeri -ex-Sherman Caliope-) plus PE parts for the armour and resin parts for the mounting frame of the launchers.

I've seen it assembled and unpainted at the Azimut shop and it looks very nice.

I'll try and take some photos of the box, instructions and contents and post them here.

Last time I looked it wasn't up ont their website yet.

Cheers,

Christophe
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 07:56 PM UTC
Last kit I purchased from them I was disappointed as I have never ever had a conversion kit/ master kit with the parts not used 'cut out of the sprue trees', regardless if those parts aren't utilised let the buyer have them for the spares box.! The instructions clearly show what/ what not to use in the conversions so I don't get the company's thinking.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 08:36 PM UTC
They're using those parts for other kits they sell. I don't have a problem with that, as long as I can build the model as depicted on the box.

But it's your money your choice.

Cheers,

Christophe
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 10:11 PM UTC
Hi Christophe, see I disagree.....if I pay for a conversion kit AND the base kit to modify I expect to get the whole base kit as I am paying for same. At no time does the company say/ advertise you will only get the relevant parts of the base kit to modify/ convert. In my case this was a figure kit....'Bir Hakim' French legion kit with the base kit being the Masterbox British Desert Rats. The plastic injected heads/ Brit helmets/ web pouches/ weapons and other bits cut from the sprue.... So I don't see what they will do with those bits...? Only put them in their spares box....!
Cheers mate, Jason.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Christophe, see I disagree.....if I pay for a conversion kit AND the base kit to modify I expect to get the whole base kit as I am paying for same.

Then you misunderstood their philosophy, they sell you a complete package to build ONE thing, normally cheaper than what you would pay for a full complete kit and an aftermarket conversion.

And believe you me, they WILL use the cut off parts from your kit somehow, one day or another. They are not doing it to frustrate customers but to use them in other products to generate more profit.

Cheers,

Christophe
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 10:56 PM UTC
Makes me think of the old saying "You can't have your cake and eat it".

Cheers,

Christophe
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 11:11 PM UTC
Do they inform anywhere that the base kit is incomplete? If not, I can understand the frustration of Jason, and Christophe's explanations are just wrong.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 08:11 PM UTC
Yeah right…

They "advertise" the model THAT CAN BE BUILT and mention the origin of the plastic parts (Trumpeter/Italeri/Bronco), etc… The only advertising I know of is Steelmasters bimonthly mag if you don't take their website into account.

Again you guys fail to grasp the CONCEPT, which is to enable one modeler to build a unique model using some parts from plastic kits, plus unique resin and PE parts when needed. Sometimes it's just a combination of plastic parts from two kits.

Anyway, if you don't like it don't buy it. If you want leftover parts for your spares, just buy the full plastic kit then the full conversion for more money from somebody else than Azimut and be happy!

Otherwise just enjoy the exclusivity of those unique kits, which are produced in very low numbers.

Cheers,

Christophe
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 09:26 PM UTC
I guess in a sense all this is a moot point anyway, considering Azimut is breaking all records in regards to lack of customer service and that actually receiving an order from them is a very rare happening.

But that's off topic. Plenty of other threads dealing with that aspect of purchasing from Azimut.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 08:11 AM UTC
I don't see a problem with this exercise in fulfillment.

You STILL get all the parts you need... who cares about spare parts? Maybe they should charge more and leave them in and we would then just whine about that too?

The parts are there and that's all we need.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP