_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Where is the Bronco Maxxpro?
rmadfire1
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 263 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 02:17 AM UTC
I guess since Bronco is way too busy rehashing the buffalo we won't be seeing the Max pro anytime soon. I guess the legends kit it is.
DJ
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 02:26 AM UTC
What is wrong w/the Kinetic MaxxPro? I think it looks pretty good.

Kinetic MaxxPro review.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 02:29 AM UTC
Definitely check out the Kinetic MaxxPro. It is their best kit yet.
rmadfire1
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 02:34 AM UTC
I'm just tired of waiting for a quality kit. Riich announced their kit years ago and that became a no show. Bronco announced their kit a year and a half ago and I believe that'll be a no show. Really not crazy about the quality of the kenetic kit.
Dj
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 02:59 AM UTC
Go with the Legend's kit, then
There's no clue at all about a release date for Bronco's one
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 03:08 AM UTC
We've heard this song and dance before. How many of their kits have you built? Raymond explained this to you in an other thread. The M-ATV was outsourced, as was the M109A2, but it's problems were minor in comparison. The M-ATV's problems were well documented (and I'll add here had nothing to do with one incorrect measurement on my part.
I have both RG-31 kits, the Maxx Pro, the R-11, and some non-armor kits. For the money, you can't beat them. The bolt detail may be a tad soft on the Maxx Pro - something that is easily fixed if it really bothers you. We've already seen some very nice builds posted, and I'm pretty much done with mine as well, and am quite pleased with it. Any problems with it can be fixed/replaced by a nominally competent builder. And since the base kit is quite inexpensive it leaves you with extra funds for AM products if you choose.
As for Bronco's tardiness in their own release, perhaps they figure two fine kits on the market are enough.
JUSTK
Visit this Community
Trinidad And Tobago
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 03:46 AM UTC
Hi all,
It seems very easy to bash Kits from China as compared to Japan.
I am building Tamiya Merkava and Challenger which have been out for 20 years with very few poor reviews. Try to build a decent MODEL with those kits as compared to Trumpeter, Meng, Kinetic, Takom, Bronco or Hobbyboss.
I never saw a bad review of Tamiya T-62 till Trumpeter came out.
These newer companies are getting better and they are producing subjects I never dreamed would see the light of day.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 05:17 AM UTC
I hope also the kit come soon, even if i already have the Legend kit.
I really hope that they will release the Maxxpro as i think it will be much better than the Kinetic kit but that kit looks also fine for what the kit cost...
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 05:44 AM UTC
Well, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the brush"...
Kinetic's kit is already available and quite good, while Bronco's one is no more than an announcement you might keep waiting forever
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 06:02 AM UTC
The Kinetic MaxxPro is a great kit. Perfect? No, but as close as makes no difference. Any of the few short comings are easily fixed by even me, and I'm not one for scratch building or enhancing. Try it yourself DJ: I think you'll be please fly surprised.

P.S. I have no connection to Kinetic other than being a satisfied customer
mvaiano
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,054 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 07:01 AM UTC
Hi people!

I built an RG-31 (you can see it here ) and loved the model. Is it perfect? No, but very very decent.

I also bought the new MaxxPro and received a very good kit without major problems. I like it too.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Marco
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 01:20 PM UTC
I've built the RG-31 Can, M-ATV from Kinetic and the M1114x2 and the Buffalo from Bronco. The M-ATV was horrendous and sits as a shelf queen, the RG-31 was much better the the M-ATV but it doesn't come anywhere near the quality of Broncos kits. I would much rather wait for a kit by Bronco which given their history should be an excellently detailed kit compared to what seems to be a mediocre Kinetic kit.
rmadfire1
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 01:57 PM UTC
Contrary to what some may believe i was not knocking the Kenetic kit. To some people this kit is acceptable and they chose to buy, great go for it and have fun building it. I'm a detail kinda guy, I like sharp well detailed kits without sink marks, soft details or parts that look nothing like the part they are supposed to represent. I've been building models for over 30 years and in todays age of manufacturing I should expect to have these qualities and I should expect to pay for them and I do.
I believe Kenetic will get better has they progress in maufacturing in 1/35 scale. I'm not saying it's a terrible kit, it's just if im gonna pay top dollar I should expect to get a top shelf kit. If i have to wait for a particular kits release to get what i want in a kit than I'll wait, I'm not one to settle just to say I have one. Who knows I may never get the Bronco Maxx Pro because they may never release it (which is what I believe will happen) then I guess I'll have to lower my expectations and settle. Besides of any of you are like me with a wife who pretty much controls the funds for my hobby I'll only get one chance at buying a Max Pro so I'll want to get a good one on the first go around.
DJ
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 04:35 PM UTC
I have the Kinetic MaxxPro sitting in my diorama build room and yes its a not bad looking kit but its open to a lot of work to make it into a very nice looking kit ..I totally agree with young gun ,,he MATV is nasty and with its wheels replaced and some nice PE stuffed inside and a heap of weathering it turned into a pretty nice kit ( I,ll finish it one day ) .
The Maxxpro looks ok but he detail has a soapy look to it ..the tires have been replaced with AM parts cause the tires look pretty bad ,,the details on the tire treads are rough and not sharp,the suspension springs are in my opinion are rubbish..reminds me of Tamiya mouldings from the 70's ..there is no leaf spring detail to really speck of but at least those aint seen to easy .
Now dont get me wrong ..this will build into a very nice model and i aint saying dont buy one ..like most things this is one kit where you put the time in and some extra money into it and it will look pretty damn good .
I m looking forward to building this .

Cheers

Phill
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 06:19 PM UTC
Dear DJ and Phil,

I would like to take this chance to listen to you guy about the 1/35 kit requirement.

In our hobby, we also mention how to generate new customer into the hobby group (I am not talking kids, just age 25+ with some income). Nowadays, basically most of the kit maker from China making very detail and truly replicated armor item. Yes, it is great. We have Bronco, AFV Club, Dragon (not the new black label item), Meng to provide very detail model kit to our customers.

Therefore, in our 1/35 armor kit design, we do want to have some different approach to 1/35 section. Of course, we know Bronco MAXPRO should meet your detail requirement (according to their past history) and we are looking forward our counterpart MAXPRO would price around $50 in Asia and something $80 in US/EU. And of course, we have a version detail resin MAXPRO from Legend for $120.

For sure, we still a long way to go to improve the quality that you are expecting. However, quality molding came with a price. Therefore, from RG-31, MAXPRO, we have tried to take a balance in quality vs cost vs selling price. We do want to have more newbis to come into the hobby. I don't mean we lost the detail because of cost. I do mean we want to take the balance on quality detail as well as cost. In our design note, we will put resources to those parts which can be seen after model are finished. And we bypass some detail where you never see it when it is finished. (that is why we don't have too "much" detail in the interior) because when it is finished and if you choose to close the door, you will not see anything inside. for those who want more detail, go for the AM company to get what specified details your want.

Of course, I may be wrong. The long terms sales will tell. If our approach in 1/35 has no market (No customer want to pay the price vs quality), we may need to change to a) super detailing again like our counterpart or b) drop out from the 1/35 market where you guys have too many options to choose from.

Regards
Raymond
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 08:19 PM UTC
I already have both RG-31 us and can, MATV and MAXXPRO from Kinetic as well as the M1114 variants from Bronco! Yes the Bronco kits are more detailed! On the other hand Kinetic kits are pretty much decent and i like their detail very much! I also like a lot their price for what they are offering! Also consider that current Kinetic kits like RG-31, MATV and MAXXPRO as well as the incoming M109 Doher, RG-33, RG-31MK5 are the first releases of these variants in plastic, so definitely welcome for all those who want to add these variants to their collection! For those who want to add AM details the price of Kinetic the kit allows further money to be spent! Anyway as i say we have a free market to choose what you want! I vote Kinetic but i would like to see also what Bronco could offer! Keep up the good work Raymond!
lordjohnrock
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 11:08 PM UTC
Hi Raymond your Maxpro is great kit I am enjoying building it keep up the great work.
andrekidbsb
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Brazil
KitMaker: 284 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 11:14 PM UTC
Any news about it?
rmadfire1
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 02:28 AM UTC
Would have been out by now if it was ever gonna happen.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 09:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am building Tamiya Merkava and Challenger which have been out for 20 years with very few poor reviews. Try to build a decent MODEL with those kits as compared to Trumpeter, Meng, Kinetic, Takom, Bronco or Hobbyboss.

Uh, no problem. The Meng Merkava III is a superb kit IMO.

Bronco's M1114 is also superb, though I chose to modify mine with Perfect Scale Modelbau's resin conversion.

Tamiya kits go together very well, but they often lack the detail you can get from today's Chinese kits. I own very few Tamiya kits and would be very hesitant to buy anything "new" they put out.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 10:13 PM UTC
Anyone know any word on Bronco MaxxPro release? I keep seeing it on the PMM new kit news but no release date...
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyone know any word on Bronco MaxxPro release? I keep seeing it on the PMM new kit news but no release date...

Not a word. The Kinetic kit with the Voyager detail set is pretty darned nice and detailed, FYI
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:10 AM UTC
I know I recently had news from Bronco on the release of a kit they annonced a year ago and so this could be announced soon. I will ask for you but Bronco plays things close to their chests untill nearly ready to ship.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know I recently had news from Bronco on the release of a kit they annonced a year ago and so this could be announced soon. I will ask for you but Bronco plays things close to their chests untill nearly ready to ship.

That would be nice, Darren. Looking forward to what you find out.
TheMud
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:55 PM UTC
it would be cancelled
 _GOTOTOP