_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Royal Canadian Dragoons Question
MacWilly
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 04:37 AM UTC
Due to family and "work" commitments, I've been out of the hobby for a few years, so I'm still a rookie. I've lurked for some time, and the expertise on this forum is amazing.

To my question: My father-in-law served for 20+ years in the Royal Canadian Dragoons, and I'd like to construct an accurate representation of the tank he served on last. I'm waiting on pictures to come, but in my memory, he mentioned the Leopard 2A4 or 2A5. My weak googling skills suggest that these tanks would have come after his tenure. What was the MBT for the RCD in the late 90's? Any guidance would be appreciated.
IronOwl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
Armorama: 302 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 05:34 AM UTC
I did a little checking and it looks like it may have been the Leopard C-1 and/or the Leopard C-1 MEXAS I believe the Leopard C-1 and the MEXAS are based off of the Leopard 1A5 the Mexas was a Leopard 1A5 with extra armor. Hope this helps.

Sascha(Ironowl)
recceboy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 706 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 05:35 AM UTC
Chris
The Leopards used at this time were the Leopard C-1 , then they were upgraded from 1999 to the Leopard C2 version. if you need help shoot me a message anytime.

Cheers

Anthony

Author Canadian Leopard Project DVD Reference Sets
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 05:35 AM UTC
In the late 1990's it would have been a Leopard C1. The Meng Leopard 1A3/1A4 is a good starting point for this tank. For an accurate turret, I would suggest the resin conversion from Trackjam.

Kevin

MacWilly
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 07:03 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait for the pictures to arrive and go from there. I'll be in touch for sure as I get moving on the project.
 _GOTOTOP