Hosted by Darren Baker
in need of decals
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 10:56 PM UTC
for my M48. found something from verlinden but they're dry transfer, and something I'd prefer to stay away from http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=228302 and appears to have only one set for the 11th ACR, which is what I wanna do it up as. anyone know of something else? thx
Grindcore
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 11:24 PM UTC
Did you check out Mec Models? They have some M48 sheets.

http://mecmodels.com/E_frame.html?http://mecmodels.com/E_home.html
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 - 07:54 AM UTC
yeah, saw those. actually ordered some boxes from there. looks like it'll be then, unless I can find something less common as far as markings go, not company's
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 - 09:37 AM UTC
Just a question, and I'm sorry if it's off topic, but why not dry transfers? I've heard good things about those kinds of decals.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 - 09:50 AM UTC
Yeah, I agree. Dry transfers are easy-peasey and there is no risk of silvering either.

Maybe not this time but the next kit, give them a try!

Jeff
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 - 11:03 PM UTC
had some dry's for a M4A3E2 from archer and they didn't stick properly no matter how firm it was pressed, hence preferring wet's as they can at least be positioned more easily
jagd654
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 296 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

had some dry's for a M4A3E2 from archer and they didn't stick properly no matter how firm it was pressed, hence preferring wet's as they can at least be positioned more easily

Did you feedback your dry transfer problems to Archer
It might be you got a bad batch from them, it which case they will gladly send you a new set gratis .
Personally, I myself have not had any problems with Archer dry transfers, but, on the very rare occasion that I did (about once in my more than 30 plus years of modelling ), they were very quick to send me replacements free of charge. Hope this helps to restore your faith in dry transfers. Cheers!
Kenneth.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Did you feedback your dry transfer problems to Archer
It might be you got a bad batch from them, it which case they will gladly send you a new set gratis .
Personally, I myself have not had any problems with Archer dry transfers, but, on the very rare occasion that I did (about once in my more than 30 plus years of modelling ), they were very quick to send me replacements free of charge. Hope this helps to restore your faith in dry transfers. Cheers!
Kenneth.

nope, just let it go. this was several months or more now. way too late to do anything about it. I got tamiyas M48 decals but I doubt the bumper code would look like this: 1-TK2 for pltn/tank, and i still wanna use the shark mouth and the only tank i saw with that is Wild One's4, and I don't thingk it's 11th Cav
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you check out Mec Models? They have some M48 sheets.

http://mecmodels.com/E_frame.html?http://mecmodels.com/E_home.html

no decals from mec. hope he didn't shutdown till AFter the boxes had been sent. so, anywhere else for 11th ACR decals?
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 01:31 PM UTC
Trakpin,
PM me and we'll talk. I think I might be able to help you out.
Regards,
Georg
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 08:46 AM UTC
well, whatever happened to MEC it was in the last 2 weeks cuz what I ordered arrived today. it's unfortunate cuz now there's one less source
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 09:12 AM UTC
just to let you know: we're not out of business but having problems with the webshp. at the moment we are trying to get a new shop online but I'm afraid that will take some time.

Mark
MecModels
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 - 12:21 AM UTC
would anyone know what area an ACAV 11ACR E2 bumper code would've been located and what tank companies it would've been with. the decals for the ACAV are academy and aren't specific to what area of III Corps. of all the pix I've looked at, why are there none of those depicted by model manufacturers. and of ALL the pix, there are only 3 that I have decals for and they're M48s
 _GOTOTOP