_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Jumbo wheel question
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 01:12 PM UTC
are these the appropriate wheels for a 35th Jumbo Sherman, specifically replacing the wheels in the Tasca Jumbo kit?
http://www.newtmd.com/Sherman-Pressed-Road-Wheels-for-Tasca

thanks
gastec
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,042 posts
Armorama: 871 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 03:29 PM UTC
From memory, the Tasca Jumbo kit comes with open spoke road wheels. The stamped ones you are asking about could be used though - not unusual to see tanks with a mix of wheel types.

Gary
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 03:34 PM UTC
Tasca comes with both an open spoke wheel plus another one I "think" is the pressed wheels- but not 100% sure. They require you to add a bunch of bolts shaved from the sprues. The Tiger Model ones look better to me, but I wanted to make sure they are the same kind
gastec
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,042 posts
Armorama: 871 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 05:40 PM UTC
They'll be the same as the pressed ones in the kit.

Gary
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 06:27 PM UTC
Tasca's Jumbo gives you three roadwheel choices. The earlier kits came with the pressed spoke and the open spoke type of wheel. The Jumbo also includes a set of the heavy duty hub type, often associated with the Jumbos. Really, if you go with this option, you're 100% fine. Nothing wrong with the NewTMD wheels (I'm using them for an M32B1) but if you're staying with the Jumbo configuration, I suggest you stay with wheels B27.

jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 04:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tasca's Jumbo gives you three roadwheel choices. The earlier kits came with the pressed spoke and the open spoke type of wheel. The Jumbo also includes a set of the heavy duty hub type, often associated with the Jumbos. Really, if you go with this option, you're 100% fine. Nothing wrong with the NewTMD wheels (I'm using them for an M32B1) but if you're staying with the Jumbo configuration, I suggest you stay with wheels B27.

Thanks, glad I asked before buying. I'll stick with the kit B27 wheels- the directions had me confused, now I see where I was mistaken. Thanks! I also now know if I run into a different Tasca Sherman build that needs the pressed wheels, I can replace them with the TMD one.
 _GOTOTOP