_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Star Decals: ACAV, DAK, and Much More
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 09:32 AM UTC

A new list of markings from Star Decals is in and it includes markings for Vietnam era M113’s, DAK vehicles, Allied vehicles, Bosnian T-55’s and much more.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 10:47 AM UTC
I really like the way they provide black numbers for the African Tigers in their final service in the 7th company.

But I disagree with a few things;

- They provide red digits for the underlying numbers of the 8th company. I don't think any of the numbers were ever red. They were black, start to finish, for the 2nd, 8th and 7th companies, as far as I can see.

- They say that "712" used to be "812". There was never an "812"; that's not how the 8th company was organised. It was almost certainly "821".

- They know that some Tigers had a tiger logo above the driver's visor, but they don't know that there was another one to the left of the visor, and another one on the rear wall.

- They provide large square crosses for the hull sides. But the crosses for the 1st company (three of the illustrated Tigers) were noticeably taller than wide. Tiger "712" came from the 2nd company and should have smaller 250mm crosses.

- They wonder if the repaired parts on some tanks had a "lighter color". Yes, that would be RAL 8020.

David
Removed by original poster on 10/21/14 - 22:51:05 (GMT).
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 03:16 AM UTC
Nice overall selection of vehicles and time periods. Thanks, David, for clarifying things from a real Tiger expert.
 _GOTOTOP