_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Canadian Armor
Discuss all types of Canadian Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Leopard C2 Mexas
Vista85
Visit this Community
Bergamo, Italy
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 04:55 AM UTC
Hello everyone!
This is my last finished work, a Takom Leopard C2 Mexas with Legend details set.
I'm not very satisfied, i didn't make a dust effect like i wanted, but it was a important experience for my next models.
All comments are welcome

Regards
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 05:09 AM UTC
Nice looking build, just one comment, the air condition unit on the left side(under the cooler) would not be mounted unless the tank had the Thermal cover.

Lisec
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 05:19 AM UTC
Well, i got it from Anthony Sewards that it could be. Tanks under maintenance for example.

Nice model btw!
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 06:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, i got it from Anthony Sewards that it could be. Tanks under maintenance for example.

That would mean the complete thermal cover on the turret, both turret hatches, the glacis plate, and the driver's hatch would all have to be removed at the same time for maintainence.
Lisec
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 07:32 PM UTC
Don`t shoot the messenger
Vista85
Visit this Community
Bergamo, Italy
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 09:16 PM UTC
Thanks guys!

Kevin you are right, i checked again my references and air condition unit is always mounted together with thermal covers.
But i sanded the panel below to fit it, so i can't remove it without replacing entire stowage bin.
I add your notice on my docs, i have 4 Leopards in my stash.....next will be italian

Regards
recceboy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 706 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
When the modifications were being completed in end of July 2007, there were 3 C2 MEXAS that while under going the conversion at the forward operating base, that were called into action. This was due to mechanical breakdowns and they had the chiller mounted and not the blankets.They were on operations for only a small time and had they had full conversion completed after the operations. So, this is very correct.

Well done on the build.

Cheers

Anthony

Author Canadian Leopard Project
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don`t shoot the messenger

No ones shooting you. But, providing details such as Anthony did versus a generic statement provides substance, context, and understanding is always beneficial to those who may not have a great deal of knowledge about the tank.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 06:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When the modifications were being completed in end of July 2007, there were 3 C2 MEXAS that while under going the conversion at the forward operating base, that were called into action. This was due to mechanical breakdowns and they had the chiller mounted and not the blankets.They were on operations for only a small time and had they had full conversion completed after the operations. So, this is very correct.

Well done on the build.

Cheers

Anthony

Author Canadian Leopard Project

Anthony, do you recall which C2s (c/s, CFR?) were deployed without the thermal covers?
 _GOTOTOP