_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Son Of Sherman Vol. II
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 309 posts
Armorama: 288 posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 - 01:11 PM UTC
Any word on an e.t.a. for the Son of Sherman Vol. II Modeler's Guide from Ampersand? "Fury" got the Sherman modeling juices flowing
miniflea
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 - 04:39 PM UTC
Since there's a thread up, may as well ask if anyone knows anything about the hardcover edition of volume 1. Has been listed as "temporarily" out of stock for some time now. Figure if I'm going to spend over $50 I may as well spend a few extra dollars for hardcover.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 03:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any word on an e.t.a. for the Son of Sherman Vol. II Modeler's Guide from Ampersand?

None has been announced. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of notice before and at release. It's unlikely you'll miss it.

KL
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Since there's a thread up, may as well ask if anyone knows anything about the hardcover edition of volume 1.

All copies at the publisher have been sold. They may still be available from hobby shops, on Ebay, or from individuals.

KL
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 04:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Since there's a thread up, may as well ask if anyone knows anything about the hardcover edition of volume 1. Has been listed as "temporarily" out of stock for some time now. Figure if I'm going to spend over $50 I may as well spend a few extra dollars for hardcover.

Showing in stock at RZM: http://www.rzm.com/magazines/mmir/apspl15.cfm
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Any word on an e.t.a. for the Son of Sherman Vol. II Modeler's Guide from Ampersand?

None has been announced. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of notice before and at release. It's unlikely you'll miss it.

KL

Well yeah I figured I wouldn't miss it once it's announced; was just wondering if anyone had an idea of when that might be was all.
miniflea
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 05:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Since there's a thread up, may as well ask if anyone knows anything about the hardcover edition of volume 1.

All copies at the publisher have been sold. They may still be available from hobby shops, on Ebay, or from individuals.

KL

Clearly. The fact that it says "temporarily" unavailable as opposed to just plain sold out certainly implies that another print run is underway or will happen at some point soon though.

Chuck, thanks for that link.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 01:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

KL

Clearly. The fact that it says "temporarily" unavailable as opposed to just plain sold out certainly implies that another print run is underway or will happen at some point soon though.

Eh, sometimes soon is a long time. Still, they don't have any.

KL

tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 09:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While I will grant you that "temporarily" _implies_ a reprint, it ain't necessarily so. I've seen web sites that list Hunnicutt's "Firepower" as "temporarily" out of stock. I ain't holdin' my breath for that one.

This isn't to say that there won't be a reprint, just that when any book seller says "temporarily", they really may have no idea (usaually don't have any idea) if it will ever be available again. It's a valid ploy to get you to keep checking their web site in case it shows up, and maybe you buy another book instead whean it isn't there.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP