_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML 1/35 T26 Pershing spare tracks extras
Chinook2014
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 03:01 AM UTC
Hello, I'm finishing up a Pershing right now, and I have a number of spare tracks. I can't find any pictures showing me where I might put these extra spares, and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 03:40 AM UTC
They have hangers on the left side of the turret. Google has a lot of images
Chinook2014
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 06:24 AM UTC
I guess what I mean is that besides the normal racks, did they ever use track links across the front of the tank or hanging from the sides as skirt armor. You can find examples with the Sherman, but I can't find images of the Pershing, and I was curious if anybody had seen an actual instance of this. Rolled up on the back deck? Hanging on field welds of extra racks, or hanging off the front?
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 08:57 AM UTC
Oh, sorry. I haven't come across any like that. My guess is the need for extra protection wasn't as great as with the Shermans. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I haven't seen it.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 03:05 AM UTC
You will not see them hanging form the sides as the fenders couldn't hold their weight. The Pershing was pretty well armoured but at least one Division up armoured some of their Pershings using cut up Panther Glacis and rolled Plate. I haven't seen any use of tracks as supplementary armour on Pershings. Search online for a movie "Remagen to the Elbe" which has some good footage of them.
Al
 _GOTOTOP