Hosted by Richard S.
T2K:2004 Campaign Central Thread
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
Guys - here's the central T2K:2004 thread for any and all things involved with this year's installment of the ongoing saga known as Twilight:2000

Have at it!

Gunnie
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 03:41 AM UTC

HOT DANG!!!, here we go again.............I'm #2 poster! #:-) #:-)

Tread.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 10:38 AM UTC
My line-up for TW2K:04 for TW2K:03 -

The Thunderbolt
The King Leopard
Ohio-class SSBN

My line-up for TW2K:04 for TW2K:04 -

Black Eagle
T-95 (looks going nowhere unfortunately)
F-25 (Remember ASAT? How about the YF-12? Combine both and you got a high-altitude, satellite interceptor based on the SR-71 carrying a single, solid-fueled, infrared guided rocket that has no warhead and scores a satellite kill thru sheer kinetic force. Goodbye Soviet RORSATs! hehehe)
Kilo-class SS (IIRC, North Korea has one or two, Iran has four)
K1A2 (if I can find the Trumpeter kit - for BluFor)
LAV as ambulance (might make do with the old ESCI kit, "accurize" it a bit - anyone has ideas for a better LAV to make as ambulance?)

I'm tempted to do something with my stalled Merkava III and two M113s.

Hopefully, several of these will be completed for this campaign. I'm heading to the shop later to find a 1/72 kit of an SR-71.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 10:41 AM UTC
I believe the first T2K:2004 subject I'll finish will be a Blue Team M948 LARS. Although, I do get distracted, from time to time...

Gunnie
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 10:53 AM UTC
Looks like I will be turning my T2K:2003 projects into my T2K:2004 projects.

Abrams has been basecoated, and is awaiting filters. ZSU has been basecoated, but still needs some lighter layers airbrushed on.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC
I already know Grizzly Bear is - and I plan on doing it too - but how many of you guys are going to build something other than an AFV model for T2K:2004?

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 01:24 PM UTC
I am thinking of something that floats and a wingy thing also. Not sure what they will be exactly but you guys will be the first to know ( as soon a I figure it out) #:-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 01:33 PM UTC

....hmmmmm, we may need a subcategory for animal......he builds this bloody stuff sooooo quick, I think he needs his own 'timeline' . Seriously, by the end of this year he could have a whole Battalion of vehicles in the Air, on the Land, and in the Sea!!!! We may all need to build stuff to challenge his Armada!!!

Love ya animal!!! #:-)

Tread.
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC
Well I didn't have quite enough time to get my F150 done for T2K03- so for 04 count on it and the Dio I have planned...

Also on my agenda are a HEMMT Guntruck based beast...details to come as it unfolds but all other Guntrucks will fear this beast!

And I'm looking for a aviation or watercraft equivalent of my F150- i.e. a MOD of a civilian vehicle-Cessna, Wellcraft-I'll see if there is something out there! Imagine a Cessna with some improvised underwing stores...

The fight within CONUS continues- who is on what side is unclear, alliances are shifting as the world situation changes. Bitter enemies could become allies as foreigners approach!

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 05:53 PM UTC
Hiya hiya... #:-)

I am going to finish my T-22M 1/72 for this campaign. and hopefully all the other kits I have started but have not yet finished...which means that you shoul dbe seeing:

a M151
T-72 with Mineplow and mineroller system
T-55 with dozer blade
BTR-T
TOS-1
IT-1
BTZ-3
MLRS

a 1/700 Ticonderoga class cruiser
a 1/48 Mi-24E

Plus I have a bunch of WWII stuff I am trying to finish...look like a busy 2004 Man, it I get this stuff done I will be able to use my workbech properly again..yeehaw! :-)

There is a campaign that need to be started...finish the kits you have begun but have not finished!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:07 AM UTC
I may do a Wingy thing er........Rotor thingy...hehe
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:19 AM UTC
I was thinking about scratchbuilding a 1/35th scale ultralight, ala the "Airlords of the Ozarks" scenario book.

Shaun
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:35 AM UTC
I'm starting on the too many ideas / not enought time thing again!!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 04:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was thinking about scratchbuilding a 1/35th scale ultralight, ala the "Airlords of the Ozarks" scenario book.

Shaun

WAY TO GO! I always wanted to see someone give that a try! I'd love to see you pull it off!

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:27 AM UTC
Since I completely missed the first one, what's this campaign about?

YM
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:40 AM UTC
YM see Here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=15
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 08:38 AM UTC
OK, I think I understand the premise. When does the '04 edition start?

YM
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 08:43 AM UTC
It has already begun!

T2K is never-ending!

Gunnie
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 05:25 PM UTC
Add to my list:

T-98 PLA tank. (hehehe, I just got this from a comrade of mine as a late Christmas gift hehehehe!)

Yodaman: Welcome aboard! Welcome to the Madness That Is Twilight 2000. :-) I'm eagerly awaiting what you will churn out for this campaign (I reckon no less than five excellent builds would come out of your work table). :-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yodaman: Welcome aboard! Welcome to the Madness That Is Twilight 2000. :-) I'm eagerly awaiting what you will churn out for this campaign (I reckon no less than five excellent builds would come out of your work table). :-)

I seriously doubt I'd finish five builds. I haven't finished that many since I found Armorama!

So in other words, I can build anything I can imagine that is grounded in reality? How far has technology advanced in T2K?

YM
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 12:16 PM UTC
Howdy Yoda!

No Particle Beams or Light Sabers unfortunately. But! There has been some mention of Tactical Nuclear, 'Dirty' bombs & Air/Fuel missles.

I will also be working on the Air and Sea side of the Campaign just to keep things interesting. I've already mentioned the Chinese Missle Submarine in 144th scale. I also have the 'Air' portion of the Campaign covered with my Russian 'Ekranoplan'. Don't doubt for an instant that there will be many more over the next Year.......

Tread.

Oh, and don't forget my 'Yeti' !

YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:06 PM UTC
I'm sorry if I seem to be having trouble understanding the whole T2K environment... But:

So, basic setting is: The year 2000 after nearly 20 years of conventional warfare that ended in huge nuclear fallout. Nearly every locale on the planet affected; most high tech weapons destroyed, new ones scrounged from existing tech or research but are less efficient?

Is that about right, or too grim? Can you tell I've never heard of T2K before? I once remeber hearing a plotline for something where there was a global nuclear fallout, and the great war was being waged over water. Most technology was destroyed by the invention of an efficient EMP device, which also rendered guided weapons usless. (which meant only 'dumb' missiles could be used)

Hmm... interesting. Could someone please post a link giving basic backstory and info? I've already established myself to be the moron of this topic.

YM
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:21 PM UTC
Recommended Links to help you get up to speed on the world of Twilight: 2000

http://www.twilightarmouries.ca

http://www.nauticom.net/www/cdmandus/tw2k.html

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Comet/6498/twilight2000main.html

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/kensar

Gunnie
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:42 PM UTC
YM: In Armorama's version of TW2K, we have what we call a storyline as well. For last year's recently concluded TW2K campaign, the storyline's master document is around, oh, half done I think. The TW2K universe of Armorama AFAIK starts with a conventional war and runs through after a nuke exchange and anarchy sets in just about the rest of the world - as well as Nuclear Winter. :-)

If you want, I can email you the current master document of both TW2K:03 and the current story frames of TW2K:04. Email me at my address (in my profile) with the subject "TW2K Stories" and I'll reply ASAP with MS Word attachments.

The purpose of the "main story" is to tie all the background storylines of each campaign member's builds into one coherent "novel" of sorts. These storylines serve as a "window into the war." Each storyline's main purpose however is to spur the imagination of the builder, make his build personal to himself, i.e. giving it a life of its own, and thus hopefully with that in mind, he can finish the project (and perhaps do another). Really, the storyline concept is more of an additional incentive to finish a model.

As for builds, it can range from OOTB (like my Typhoon of the recently concluded TW2K:03 campaign) to heavy kitbashing/modifying like Treadhead's 'Elvis' and Animal's projects, running the entire timeline from the start of the conventional war up to years - perhaps two decades? - after the nuclear exchange.

BTW, Matt, did you receive my email with the attachment already?

Comrades: Finally got my 1/72 SR-71! It's by Mini Hobby and I must say it's an impressive kit! I plan on super-detailing the cockpit and do a few modifications (no more internal weapons bay for the Improved ASAT, but just a single weapons pylon similar in concept to the pallets for the AIM-54 Phoenix so that it doesn't become too much of a drag penalty for the plane, making it still reach Mach 3.0). Inspecting the kit, assuming I had a whole week or two for meself, I can finish this from assembly to painting to decals to weathering in 1 week IF built OOTB only. Alas, I have both work and school, and will only touch it once summer arrives (March). Plus, me hands were quite exhausted from the rush that was the Typhoon so it's back to more pressing concerns like my upcoming midterms and work hehehehe
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 04:12 AM UTC
GiB, I got the e-mail.....

Finally had some time to do a Sig Image!!!
 _GOTOTOP