_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
M1130 CV/TAC
poibrudda6
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 251 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 09:06 PM UTC
Aloha everyone!!!

Just curious I've been looking for a description online as to what exactly is the responsibility of the Stryker M1130 CV/TAC crew and besides using a bit of common sense that this vehicle is involved with air assets that's all I got. Does anyone know more specifics? Just was thinking of a diorama idea but needed to first know how the vehicle would be used.

Thank you in advance!!!
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 04:52 AM UTC
Per Carl Schulze's and Ralph Zwilling's book "Stryker: Interim Armored Vehicle" (Concord Mini Color Series) the M1130 is:

"...a mobile command post version of the Stryker IAV, and is stuffed with C2 equipment...The interior of the M1130 is designed and equipped to provide necessary facilities for commanders to lead forces in a hostile situation... (It is) used in these configurations: Brigade Commander Command Vehicle, Battalion Commander Command Vehicle, S3 TAC Command Vehicle, RSTA Squadron Commander Command Vehicle, Battalion S3 and Tactical Air Control Party/USAF."

Well, to make a long story short, it is used for a number of command functions INCLUDING TAC.

poibrudda6
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 251 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:22 AM UTC
Thank you Patrick!
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts