_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Aftermarket tracks Dragon Jagdtiger Kit 6351
jarose
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 03:32 PM UTC
Hi Guys - my first post on this great site!!!!

I am currently building the 1/35 Dragon Jagdtiger Kit ref 6351. As many will be aware this "Premium Edition" came with the old type of tracks.

Is anyone aware of or can provide suggestions on a aftermarket "workable" track that would match this model kit and would be technically correct? I have searched the web and have not come up with any solutions.

Thanks in advance !

Jase
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 04:32 PM UTC
I opted for Friul for mine. While assembly is pretty tedious, that's the fault of the original track designer and building the kit track looked unlikely to be any quicker; in addition, with all those parts to assemble, I expected that the cement would have set before I would have been ready to fit them over the wheels.

As usual I used brass wire (0.5mm, I think) instead of the supplied roll but Friul sets I have bought in the last few years have included better wire in my view.
jarose
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 05:02 PM UTC
Hi Robert and thanks for the reply to my post - I appreciate it.

I went to the Friul website and I am still none the wiser. I should of mentioned that my kit is the Dragon Porsche type.

My apologies if there is a easy answer to this one but I can't work out what one will suit the kit - did you do the Porsche kit and if so what Friul tracks did you use ?

Thanks

Jase
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:46 PM UTC
I had to look up the kit number to discover that it was the Porsche one you had, so that's why I referred to using that type.

The Friul set for that version is ATL-22, going by the drawing on the box. It's the one with every second link made of a part-width link and three bars. Remember that the real thing had some guide horns removed - I think the kit links show this.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:20 PM UTC
That kit comes with Magic Tracks...I would prefer them.
I would buy metal tracks in my opinion, if you don't like the tracks in the kit.
jarose
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 03:37 AM UTC
Thanks for the additional information Robert & David. I did not realise that the kits supplied tracks were the magic type as they were still on the sprue!

Robert - the pointer to the exact Friul kit helps me greatly

thanks to you both.

Jase
 _GOTOTOP