_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Aber: Big Tiger Conversion
Isherman
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 03:42 AM UTC

A new and very comprehensive conversion set for the Tamiya 1/16 scale Tiger has just been released by Aber.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 06:23 PM UTC
Thanks for the info.

Quoted Text

Consisting of both photo etch and resin parts, this super detailed conversion set for the 1/16th Tamiya Tiger kit, allows the modeller to make the Tunisian campaign version of this impressive vehicle.

I have a 1/16 Tamiya kit that allows me as a modeller to make a Tunisian campaign version of the Tiger I straight from the box.

Cheers,

Christophe
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 06:45 PM UTC
There were two Tiger battalions in Tunisia.

The 504 arrived rather late in the game, and we have very little photo coverage of them, but it seems they took part in the final defensive battles.
Their Tigers (i.e. your Tamiya model) were identical to others fighting in Russia and Sicily at the time.

The 501 was the first Tiger battalion in Tunisia, and they gave the Tiger its reputation with the Allies, as they participated in multiple successful battles against British and American tanks.
Their Tigers were unique, with features or combinations of features not found anywhere else. They were the subject of the famous Cyber Hobby "Africa Tiger" kit, and no other company has rendered them accurately until now.

David
SDavies
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 979 posts
Armorama: 959 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 07:40 PM UTC
This is a very nice set from Aber, probably expensive, but very nice.

I have to question the timing of the release, the Tamyia kit is quite old and I would imagine difficult to get hold of now and this set would probably had a better uptake a few years ago?

Maybe Tamyia planning a re-release?
 _GOTOTOP