_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Modelling an Easy Eight in Winter
Handbanana
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 09:24 AM UTC
Hey guys, I'm something of an armor newbie (I've mostly modeled 48th scale aircraft in the past) and I'm attempting to build a winter sherman. The subject is from the 66th tank battalion, 2nd armored division in Teuven, Belgium - February of 1945 (I have not been able to locate any good reference photos as of yet). My thinking at the moment is to give it a light wash with the Mig winter camo wash, follow that up with AK winter streaking, and then muddy the whole thing up real good... however, if it was painted in the full winter camo scheme that changes things. Wondering if anyone knows whether this tank would have been given that scheme or not?

And since I'm on the subject, I'd love to hear tips on how to add snow in the tracks and on the stowage (diorama snow adhered with some diluted white glue is my current thinking...). Any other tips for an armor newbie who is probably biting off a bit more than he can chew would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help. Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP