_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M4A3E8 4th Armored Division
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 175 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 12:55 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Here is M4A3E8 of the 4th Armored Division. Asuka Model(Tasca) kit with some upgrades.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hi Muzaffer,
I will not comment on the weathering since that is "outside my area of competence" maybe maybe just a little more dirt above the tracks but I could be wrong

However: One thing to consider is the alignment of the road wheels. Check the first and the last image. If a tank has not been damaged, or is about to have a failure of the running gear, the wheels will be in a straight line seen from above, they will follow the contours of the ground though.This is most visible in the first image. On many kits it is necessary to glue the bogies/suspension/road wheels in place to prevent them from moving around ...
The last image: one wheel is not pressing down against the track and the first and last road wheel are being lifted up by the tension of the track. This could be fixed if you put the model on a baseplate where the ground looks as if it lifts those wheels
/ Robin
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Muzaffer,
I will not comment on the weathering since that is "outside my area of competence" maybe maybe just a little more dirt above the tracks but I could be wrong

However: One thing to consider is the alignment of the road wheels. Check the first and the last image. If a tank has not been damaged, or is about to have a failure of the running gear, the wheels will be in a straight line seen from above, they will follow the contours of the ground though.This is most visible in the first image. On many kits it is necessary to glue the bogies/suspension/road wheels in place to prevent them from moving around ...
The last image: one wheel is not pressing down against the track and the first and last road wheel are being lifted up by the tension of the track. This could be fixed if you put the model on a baseplate where the ground looks as if it lifts those wheels
/ Robin

Hi Robin,

I know about all the things you'd mentioned above. I didn't glued the suspension because it will take place in a diorama later. Thanks for your interest, cheers
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Robin,

I know about all the things you'd mentioned above. I didn't glued the suspension because it will take place in a diorama later. Thanks for your interest, cheers

Good
/ Robin
x3oinx
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 04:54 PM UTC
Nice I like the weathering. And is it modulated ? Good detail too.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 08:48 PM UTC
I really like the weathering. It looks well used and worn. Your back deck rope has the fuzzies I don't know what can be done now maybe some diluted white glue?

Tom
bbailey_33
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I really like the weathering. It looks well used and worn. Your back deck rope has the fuzzies I don't know what can be done now maybe some diluted white glue?

Tom

I have the same problem, how can this be fixed ?
wax maybe ?
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice I like the weathering. And is it modulated ? Good detail too.

Yeah some modulation is applied but most of the paint job is olive drab color sprayed over multi-color basecoat with a chipping effects medium. Finally some oils for the highlights.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tom

The reason of fuzzies is enamel wash over the rope I think. Acrylic wash is better and maybe some matt acrylic varnish can do the job.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:40 PM UTC
It seems you may have forgotten to add the center armored fuel cover on the back deck.
gigi63
Visit this Community
Parma, Italy
KitMaker: 241 posts
Armorama: 241 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2015 - 09:50 PM UTC
Very nice work!!!! Compliments you have done a great vehicle.

Cheers
Removed by original poster on 06/03/15 - 06:30:56 (GMT).
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It seems you may have forgotten to add the center armored fuel cover on the back deck.

That's right..
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice work!!!! Compliments you have done a great vehicle.

Cheers

Thanks mate!!
qcarr1
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 01:08 AM UTC
Wow, very nice job, Muzaffer! The Easy 8 is my favorite tank of all (well, along with the Pershing) and I'm always looking for photos of the best kits. Yours is a great inspiration - thanks for sharing!

muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 01:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, very nice job, Muzaffer! The Easy 8 is my favorite tank of all (well, along with the Pershing) and I'm always looking for photos of the best kits. Yours is a great inspiration - thanks for sharing!

Thank you
 _GOTOTOP