_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Video: Myth of American Armor
Galwitz
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 - 06:22 PM UTC
An interesting presentation by Nicholas Moran at TankFest NorthWest 2015. Approx. 45 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjp_4jY8pY

Enjoy.
Cuny12
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 378 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 - 07:57 PM UTC
Very Interesting indeed.

This presents some great arguments for the Sherman the scary part is they had an artillerymen as their subject matter expert on employment of tanks now as an Infantry soldier if they had a cook as an SME I would hold grave concern for my future well being.

But I am willing to let that one go from an experienced soldiers perspective, I have no doubt the Germans suffered acutely from the inability to maintain combat losses or breakdowns in general any force that has an ability to break their enemy's frontline and push beyond that will cause major problems for any fighting force.

The reality is how much is known in terms of German after action reports, not much or what truly was a Tiger or a panther for that matter the reality is the allies had an ability the Germans didn't and that is key to victory, ressuply and recovery of fighting assets to continue the fight in any conflict it's usually a large part of morale and victory.

Cheers Ben.
 _GOTOTOP