_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Decalcomaniacs! DM-059, S-35 Somua decals
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 01:52 AM UTC
Hi All,
The summer is moving along here in New Jersey and I’m finishing a week of much needed vacation. What does a modeler do on vacation? Build models and, in my case, make decals! New for July 2015 is my newest sheet: DM-059 S-35 Somua. This sheet contains markings for 7 vehicles and is designed with the Tamiya kit in mind. It may work with the Heller or Airedale Castings kits, but I have not designed the decals to fit them. 7 vehicles are included: 2 tanks from the 1st DLM (Mechanized Cavalry Division, 4th Cuirassiers and the 18th Dragoons) 1940, 1 tank from the 2nd DLM (2nd Cuirassiers) 1940, 1 tank from the 4th DCR (Armored Division, 3rd Cuirassiers) 1940, 2 tanks from the 12th Regiment Chaussers d'Afrique, 1943 and one from the 13th Dragoons, 1945. Also included are two extra sets of markings to correct the mistake on the Tamiya S35 decal sheet of the 4th Cuirassiers, as both symbols need to be facing "forward" on both sides. Instructions are included and show placement of markings and vehicle assignments and camouflage patterns/colors where applicable. These decals are laser printed and it may be necessary to layer a white undercoat (included) under colored markings to improve contrast. Please note that gray areas actually print as white and are depicted to show contrast. The decals can be found on the E-bay webstore.
As always, there is a discounted price for the decals in their first week and this one will be no different. The decals will sell for US$10 for the first week and then go up to US$12 after that. Shipping is US$5.50 (via USPS Priority mail) domestic and US$6.00 for international (via USPS airmail). 10% of all sales go to Labrador Lifeline to support Labrador Retrievers in need of medical attention.
Regards,
Georg
 _GOTOTOP