_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Hornet: New Resin Heads
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 03:03 AM UTC

Hornet has released two new resin head sets onto the market and cover one nationality better than I can remember seeing before.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 08:04 AM UTC
Outstanding heads from Hornet. But I don't recall anything from them that wasn't The Japanese heads will deffinatly be on order at the begining of the month to help me with my main arrea of interest, South Pacific a.o.o.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Outstanding heads from Hornet. But I don't recall anything from them that wasn't The Japanese heads will deffinatly be on order at the begining of the month to help me with my main arrea of interest, South Pacific a.o.o.

Watch out! those Japanese Helmets are WAAAY TOO SMALL! They are small enough to be childrens' toy helmets... See 1/35 FINEMOLDS, MASTER BOX, DRAGON & TAMIYA figure sets, also VERLINDEN. Check your historical reference photos- Most WWII Japanese helmets looked a bit TOO BIG for their wearers. I suggest using the HORNET Asian Head set WITHOUT Helmets and mating them up to your plastic figure sets' helmets and other headgear...
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Watch out! those Japanese Helmets are WAAAY TOO SMALL! They are small enough to be childrens' toy helmets... See 1/35 FINEMOLDS, MASTER BOX, DRAGON & TAMIYA figure sets, also VERLINDEN. Check your historical reference photos- Most WWII Japanese helmets looked a bit TOO BIG for their wearers. I suggest using the HORNET Asian Head set WITHOUT Helmets and mating them up to your plastic figure sets' helmets and other headgear...

I presume you are talking about the steel helmets? I agree that they look to be sitting a little high, but they look fine to me scale wise.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 02:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I presume you are talking about the steel helmets? I agree that they look to be sitting a little high, but they look fine to me scale wise.

I really don't want to quibble over this- just compare to them to the Heads with Helmets in the various FINEMOLDS, MASTERBOX, DRAGON, TAMIYA & VERLINDEN WWII Japanese figure kits, and you'll see what I mean. I'll probably wind up buying this HORNET set, but I'll cut, file and sand the helmets of these guys off and fit them up with the plastic kit-supplied helmets, because they ARE more correctly proportioned to the heads. In looking at a mirror, my REAL WWII Japanese Combat Helmet with me wearing it, it even looks a little big on me- I wear a US size 7, (size 56/57, European)...

I DO respect other opinions on this subject, but to me, the HORNET Japanese Helmets look too small... Thanks...

PS- Their WWII US M1 Helmets are too small as well...
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 07:25 PM UTC
Not there in my opinion. And #5 looks like a propaganda caricature.
 _GOTOTOP