_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Echelon: Conflict in Ukraine
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:01 AM UTC

With the conflict in the Ukraine having settled down a little, and this conflict having attracted interest from the modelling community, Echelon Fine Details has released seven decal sets covering the various forces and factions in this conflict.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 06:14 PM UTC
Leave it to Echelon to be on top of events. Well-done.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 09:50 PM UTC
I want.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 02:09 AM UTC
A little bit boring with all his latest Ukrainian decals, at least for me...
But maybe there is a interest in decals of that war.........
Hope his next release will include something else.
But that is only my opinion and i'm sure there are many people out there that are very happy for them.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 09:29 AM UTC
I'm happy with it...
Totalize
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 05:54 AM UTC
Didn't know the pro-russian rebels even had a flag but I am not surprised. Learned something new today.
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 09:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Didn't know the pro-russian rebels even had a flag but I am not surprised. Learned something new today.

It's interesting that that's not the flag that shows up the most often if you do a Google Images search for 'Ukrainian pro Russian rebel flag'...
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 283 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 08:45 AM UTC
Thank you all for the feedbacks, they are well appreciated. Will continue to release more of such genres as well as other non-Ukrainian war subjects. Sean, I draw my conclusion by looking at a lot of pro-Russian vehicles, and what flags their antenna flew (not all had a flag). The google search you mentioned while helpful, is useful for a very generic search (specifically what the world media wants to portrait), it does not specifically catered to looking for flags that were flown on AFV antenna. Hope that helps.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 283 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:06 AM UTC
The "Confederate-alike" flag version will be eventually released when I find enough "excuse" to do so (provided most of you don't get bored with the Genre by then). The double-headed eagle version looked to be most popular (judging from a number of builds I've seen) and there are several versions of it (if you do the proper research)... I will also cover the Somali flag as well, when I start working on the Somali vehicles (a few of their AFVs flew unit-specific flags, like the Somali group). Prizrak flag has been created... I am also in the hunt of Ukrainian flags.
Totalize
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 10:08 PM UTC
Based on recent Frontline report I watched The Ukrainians are using their own blue and yellow flag but just as importantly a Red and Black flag for their "right sector" group. This is a group of Ukrainian Nationalists that are fighting the Ukrainian rebel groups loyal to Russia in the Eastern Ukraine. That pro-Russian group is called "Stronghold" They are supported and funded by Putin's intelligence network. In fact in an interview with some stronghold members they state they are paid directly by the Russians to agitate in the various eastern cities such as Kharkov, Mariupol etc. One of them said they get paid $200/day and when additional force is needed the Russians bus in people from Russia to help them. Stronghold calls the Nationalists Fascists and are often big supporters of Soviet Communism. The Right Sector group says they are simply Nationalists that want to mitigate Russian meddling in their country and be more independent from Russia. There is definitely a Civil War occurring in the Ukraine at the moment. The Ukrainian military is afraid to invade the eastern Ukraine for fear the Russian military will attack. The Frontline report even shows a video interview of Putin stating that if the pro-russian elements in the Ukraine ever come under full scale attack he said Russia reserves the right to come to their aid militarily. It's pretty scary over there.

_GOTOTOP