_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Canadian Armor
Discuss all types of Canadian Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
CMP C15TA engine?
noname
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:14 AM UTC
I know a few of you have the Mirror Models C15TA in your stash and a few have already built one. But has anybody figured out the engine? There is many pictures of the 270 GMC motor on the net. But I have only found one that is actually in a C15TA. It is here; http://svsm.org/gallery/chevrolet_c15ta?page=8
But not only is the kit engine different than the regular 270 GMC pictures I have found, but also different than the pictures found on this walk around. Does anybody have alternative reference photos of a C15TA engine or know the ins and outs of this engine?

Thanks for any help guys.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:56 AM UTC
If you look at the pictures again, you will notice that it is not a GMC 270 in the C15TA, it is actually a Bedford engine.

If you scroll down on this link you will see the right engine on a stripped down CMP

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1766

noname
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 05:09 PM UTC
Hey Kevin, okay, I new the engine in the restored C15TA looked completely different. I take it the Bedford engine was something they threw in. I saw no text to go with the picture so I was stumped. I saw the picture in your link before and wished there were more. I just haven't found any great reference pictures for the C15TA's engine compartment. I saw one picture that showed the ignition coil on the inner fender area as opposed to the side of the engine where it is usually found. I also have not found any pictures where the oil filter is attached to the engine like in the kit. Sometimes the oil filter is attached to the firewall.

Thanks for your help. At least now I know to ignore the walk around engine pics.
8Hussar
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 05:20 PM UTC
Not sure but this may give you help with respect to the C15TA and C15TAA. Hope this helps. Cheers!
Don

http://s661.photobucket.com/user/8Hussar/library/Allied%20Canadian%20Armd%20Cars%20and%20Trucks?sort=3&page=1
noname
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:46 AM UTC
Thanks, yes that is a bit of a help. Nice pictures. The C15TAA and Otter both have a few engine pics as well. And I have an Otter in my stash to build so that is a help when I get to it.

Thanks again D.G. Allen
 _GOTOTOP