_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Question: Panther-G Without Interior Details
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hello guys, I want to ask a -maybe silly- question but important for me about building a WWII German Panther Ausf.G released by Dragon with kit serial number 9046. The kit come out nicely but no interior details available at all for the turret. I already keep in my mind about some opinions come from several fellow modelers that told to not install the hatch door in opened position if no interior details available, because the inside condition of the turret will be exposed and the view will be illogical, of course! (any operating tanks move into a battle without periscope, ammo, gun rack, etc etc..??? )

Since I have a plan to install such tank into a vignette or diorama in the future with "into-a-battle/combat" theme and not intend to install the hatch door in closed position (if I could), is it okay and logical enough to place a commander figure (most likely pose, his head or torso exposed)... in order to cover "nothing-to-be-looked" condition inside the turret..?

I'm so sorry for my English and hope you guys can understand what I mean eventually

Kind regards from Indonesia

Garry
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:24 PM UTC
Usually, when you place a figure in the circular commander's hatch, nothing of the interior will be seen past the figure's waist. Even if only his head is exposed, his shoulders will also block view of the interior. So no problem.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:17 AM UTC
The Aber detail set has periscope and cupola interior details. With a figure in there, even just the top of the head, that's about all that can be seen.

Driver and radio operator head out of the hatch blocks most all the rest of the interior as well.

If you have a loader sitting in the rear circular hatch, the Tamiya breech bits will be about enough.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 04:52 AM UTC
So many thanks mate Biggles2 and Mike, problem solved! Hope my work on such planned diorama will be running well

Kind regards from Indonesia

Garry
 _GOTOTOP