_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Hobby/model Shop in Hong Kong
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 08:05 AM UTC
I am going home to Switzerland and i stop a week in Hong Kong next May, and I would like to visit some model shops... could somebode help me please?...

Thanks in advance
tanker86
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 08:35 AM UTC
Hi J,

The following threads, though a bit old, contain accurate information that I believe should be useful for you - https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/asia-north-east-asia/topics/plastic-kit-modelling-shops-in-hong-kong.

Happy Modelling,
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 12:24 PM UTC
I use to go to Continental hobby .But if you are tourist,just show your passport,you can get discount.
Maozer
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 05:00 PM UTC
Look up wan shan hobby centre in Kowloon. It's a small hobby store but it's on a block with another 10 hobby stores (no joke!!!) Also, the prices are super low at these shops

. And of course the meng and dml headquarters.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:43 AM UTC
Tanks everyone!!...very helpful

tanker86 your link dont work but i find the page and i think is perfect!!

which is the best and biggest?...i think is ard to answer...

"And of course the meng and dml headquarters"....you have the adress??

Tankyou!!
tanker86
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hi J,
Glad to be of help. Sorry that the link doesn't work. I don't think Meng has a dedicated retail shop in Hong Kong but it's products are widely carried by model shop like Contiental. If I have ti choose one shop to visit, I'll go to Contiental. It carries a wide range of product from most company except Dragon and maybe old Tamiya kit. As for DML shops, I suggest you look up their site at universal-model.com. All their shops are listed there and all of them carry an extensive range of their kits. Wishing you a happy shopping experience.

wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 02:22 PM UTC
G'day J

I was in Hong Kong (Kowloon) earlier this year and busted a gut getting to Universal Models, which, when I was there in 2010, was great. Stacks of kits, mostly DML (they own DML) and good prices.

Since then they have moved and are now in a store only about half the size of the previous one, very close to the ten or so stores referred to above. Prices are what I would expect to pay here in Australia, and the range was nothing to sing about either.

You should be aware that the majority of kits sold by the majority of HK hobby stores are full size replicas of firearms, followed by remote control everything, followed a distant third by everything else.

Regards

Rob

Regards

Rob
tanker86
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 05:21 PM UTC
Hi J,

Just to clarify things a bit. To a certain extent, what Rob said is correct as there is quite a lot of shops selling air guns and RC model. Even UML is branching into Ironman models. Still their shops, particularly the one at Waterloo road carry a wide selection of their models. Also Contiental model sale 99% scale models.

Cheers,

P.S. I actually live in Hongkong
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 06:48 PM UTC
You can also drop by Luckymodel and pick up pre-ordered items. I'm not sure if Hobbyeasy allows browsing of their stacks or not.
hoplocat
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 08:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Look up wan shan hobby centre in Kowloon. It's a small hobby store but it's on a block with another 10 hobby stores (no joke!!!) Also, the prices are super low at these shops

Any idea where is this place? Tried looking it up but no leads. I frequent the shops at Kwong Wah / Sai Yee in Mongkok when I take the kids to Disneyland. I think there are a couple of shops further up in sham shui po.
 _GOTOTOP