_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
T34/76 Late 1943 Edition
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 03:40 AM UTC
Darren Baker takes a look at a T34/76 Late 1943 Edition which is an ICM kit that has been released by Revell of Germany at the same time.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2015 - 10:02 AM UTC
Actually, the Revell Germany and ICM kits aren't exactly the same mold--the Revell Germany kit is ICM's first T-34. a mid 1943 version with the twin "Mickey Mouse" turret hatches, while the new ICM boxing is the late 1943 version with the commander's cupola.

I gather Revell will release that kit next summer, and yes, the Revell boxings are quite bit cheaper in the US. Frugal modelers should pay close attention to stock numbers and box art though, as Revell has previously released the dreadful Zvezda T-34 kits, and this old inventory is still lurking in some shops.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2015 - 11:32 AM UTC
I believe these are the same kits as I have compared the sprues and they are identical. both are packaged in ICM packaging with the same ICM identity codes.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 07:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe these are the same kits as I have compared the sprues and they are identical. both are packaged in ICM packaging with the same ICM identity codes.

That's odd. The photos on the Revell website show a different ICM T-34 kit, the one they released last year. Note the different turret roof. The new ICM release has a commander's cupola.
http://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/military-figures/vehicles-wwii/id/03244.html
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 - 01:24 PM UTC
You have got me questioning myself now bud and so I will take a closer look this evening at the two models side by side again, I suppose it is possible it is the same model made slightly differently.
 _GOTOTOP