_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Canadian Armor
Discuss all types of Canadian Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
NEW Canadian Leopard 2 Reference DVD
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 04:07 AM UTC

I am very excited to announce the release of my Canadian Leopard 2 Reference Image DVD.

This reference image set contains over 1700 high resolution images (over 9 GBs) on three DVDs of the Canadian Leopard 2A4 CAN, the Canadian Leopard 2A4M CAN, and a unique pre-rebuild Canadian Leopard 2A6M CAN.

The Canadian Leopard 2 versions have created a new heavy armour legacy for the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps. With further upgrades planned for the future the Canadian Leopard 2s will become even more formidable on the battlefield.

All of the images were taken by myself. None of the images have ever been published or made available to the public. As a former Canadian Tank Commander and an AFV modeller I know the importance of having high quality reference material.

These walkaround images will provide excellent details for enhancing your Canadian Leopard 2 projects and serve as great reference material for the soon to be released 1/35 Hobby Boss Leopard 2A4M CAN kit.

The price for this three DVD set with over 1700 images is $25.00 Canadian plus shipping.

Please contact me at jbobrowich(at)shaw.ca to order now.

Happy Modelling!
Jason Bobrowich

junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 04:13 AM UTC
Great news Jason, looks good! Well timed too - my 2A4 is next in the new workbench lineup after the C2 build. Congrats!

Jim's
roteck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 04:27 AM UTC
Nice one, this is on the "To get" list!
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2015 - 06:52 AM UTC
Thanks very much guys!

You can never have too much Leopard reference material!
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2015 - 12:14 PM UTC
Nice !
Looks very promising ... I'll get one.
Just hoping the HobbyBoss announcement of the 2A4 CAN will meet my expectations.

Cheers
Christopher
PanzerLehr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 200 posts
Armorama: 149 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 07:28 AM UTC
Hello all,

I just recieved my dvd set today. All I can say is WOW! These dvd's are fantastic! Highly recommended!!
mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all,

I just recieved my dvd set today. All I can say is WOW! These dvd's are fantastic! Highly recommended!!

Ditto x3! Will come in VERY handy for the Hobby Boss 2A4 CAN,like was stated.I hope it meets expectations.Barring that,maybe someone will produce a conversion set for the MENG 2A4?.

Mike
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 09:15 PM UTC
Thanks very much Gents for the positive feedback!

For those wanting to purchase my DVD set at the listed introductory price please get in touch with me via email.

Preferred payment will be by Paypal.

r2d2
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 05:05 AM UTC
This is very extensive walk around photos of all 3 Canadian's finest tanks. Highly recommended!

Thanks for this very nice reference Jason!
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 08:35 AM UTC
Thanks very much Raphael!

For all those Leopard fans out there I still have copies of my first Canadian Leopard DVD at the introductory price of $25.00 CAD.

I will soon be releasing another Canadian Leopard related reference image DVD just in time for the holidays.
chnoone
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 12:52 PM UTC
Nice job Jason !

Really good stuff !!!
... and fast delivery to Europe too !
Now I am just waiting what HobbyBoss will present.
Would anyone know what is going to happen with the 2A6s ?
Left in storage or being fielded ?

Cheers
Christopher
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 08:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would anyone know what is going to happen with the 2A6s ?

The Canadian Leopard 2A6M CANs are being fielded as they come back from rebuild/repainting.

You'll be able to see pics of some of the rebuilt 2A6M CANs here...

https://www.facebook.com/The-Guild-of-The-Royal-Canadian-Dragoons-131140990270509/photos_stream?ref=page_internal

chnoone
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:24 AM UTC
Thankx Jason !

So the 2A6s are restored to a plain green appearance with some of the SLAT attachment-points left on the turret ... as far I could figure out.
Nice link !

Cheers
Christopher
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 03:32 AM UTC
Exactly Christopher...overall CARC green paint, the slat armour welded on mounts are all in place.

There are also additional modifications to the 2A6M CANs such as the same type of driver's front and rear cameras as found on the Canadian 2A4 CAN and 2A4M CAN, and a camouflage net pole rack on the turret to the left rear of the loader's hatch.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 11:09 PM UTC
A big thanks to everyone who has purchased my Canadian Leopard 2 Reference Image DVD set and my Canadian Leopard ARV Reference Image DVD.

Your positive feedback on the quality and type of images I strived to create for the DVD are very much appreciated.

The ARV DVD contains the most extensive walkaround of the new Canadian Leopard 2 ARV CAN. This is a new vehicle in the Canadian Army and has many lessons learned from Afghanistan incorporated into the design.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/241842#2040086

As a bit of background, the ARVs in the images are named HORNBURG and HAYAKAZE.

They are named after Corporal Nathan Hornburg and Trooper Michael Hayakaze. Nathan was an ARV crew member and he was killed in September 2007 while assisting in the recovery of a tank during a combat mission. Nathan was a Reservist with the King's Own Calgary Regiment.

Michael was killed in March 2008. He was a Leopard driver when his vehicle hit an IED. Michael served with the Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians).

The memory of both Corporal Hornburg and Trooper Hayakaze will live on as Regimental history.

The CARC tan painted Leopard ARV 3 in the images has been returned to Germany. These are likely the last images you will see of this combat veteran vehicle.

The Taurus ARVs are quickly fading from service as they are replaced with the new Leopard 2 ARV CAN. They will soon all be retired.

My DVDs are still available for purchase. They make great post holiday gifts and will without a doubt be great reference for the upcoming Hobby Boss Leopard 2A4M CAN kit...or future kits or conversions.

Humbly, I was requested as one of the technical advisors on the production of the Leopard 2A4M CAN kit and Hobby Boss utilized the Leopard 2A4M CAN images on the DVDs to ensure that as many accurate details as possible are captured in the kit. More tweaks are being done to the details at the current time to make it an even better kit.

Have a great holiday season and long live the Leopard tank!
 _GOTOTOP