_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
FEATURE
KV-2
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:13 AM UTC
Stéphane Marignac takes a break from aircraft modelling and tells the story of building his KV-2.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
MrNeil
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 03:59 AM UTC
Nice job, particularly on the snow camouflage.

This kit represents one of the very early 'KV with Big Turret' machines manufactured in 1940. At least one of the U-series development prototypes was used in the Winter War against Finland though you need to backdate a few of the hull features to accurately represent that variant.

The snow camouflage is therefore plausible, though photographs show the vehicles, both big and small turret, in Finland with no markings whatsoever.

Neil
Stef_6
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 12:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words, Neil. My next build will be much more documented and I hope to stick more to history .
NarlsJunior
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 06:20 PM UTC
Im about to get back into modelling after a massively long break and wanted to build this kit as my first project, however its incredibly hard to find this kit in the UK - I can only find it via Japanese ebay sites at high cost of shipping etc. Anyone know of a UK retailer who may have it?
NarlsJunior
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 06:20 PM UTC
Excellent build job by the way !!!
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Im about to get back into modelling after a massively long break and wanted to build this kit as my first project, however its incredibly hard to find this kit in the UK - I can only find it via Japanese ebay sites at high cost of shipping etc. Anyone know of a UK retailer who may have it?

Neil, on ebay I can see one for sale by Dawngrocerystore in China; I bought a kit from them recently and it took about 10-14 days to arrive and they marked the customs form up as a gift, and at the price they are charging it's not going to attract customs duty. Though the postage is a lot I see it still only comes to about 23 quid. Notice also their 100% positive feedback.

http://r.ebay.com/4uEyIw

NarlsJunior
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 02:19 PM UTC
Thank you Mathew - I had looked at them. I have never bought from the Far East before and was wary - youve quelled my fears, so I will give them a go - it seems a decent price and for sure there are no UK web-shops with this kit in stock - thanks again
 _GOTOTOP