_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy M10 Achilles Questions
JeffCsr
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 04:35 AM UTC
On the Academy 1/35 M10 Achilles I have a few questions.

I read a couple of reviews saying the breech is wrong for the 17 pdr. Is it just mis shaped or is the kit breech a 3" gun breech? I understand the hull ammo racks are wrong for the 17 pdr. but are they accurate for a 3" gun variant or are they just wrong for the kit? They look like they are from a 75mm dry stowage Sherman. Were M10 Achilles ever produced with the 1/2 round VVSS skids or are they also a wrong choice for the kit. Last question, would the 17 pdr Achilles have a co driver/radio man or is that area supposed to be used as ammo storage like a Sherman Firefly?

TIA
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 06:57 AM UTC
Jeff,

Was one of the reviews this one on PMMS?

British Tank Destroyer "Achilles"

If not, I hope this helps.
JeffCsr
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 08:07 AM UTC
Nope, I missed that one.

thanks
2-32sherman
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016 - 06:21 PM UTC
Hi Jeff,

just an advice, that I use with any models of TANK, MEDIUM, GUN, M4 and its Versions, that aren't ASUKA/TASCA models.

The running gear will be replaced with the perfect ASUKA one's. Additional parts by FORMATIONS and TMD will be used, if it may be necessary!
The MACHINE GIN, M2 HB, I always replace by the outstanding ASUKA/TASCA one. As I had build more then twenty AUSAUKA/TASCA Shermans, a very well assorted "spare part warehouse" with ASUKA parts, being it FDA, turrets, mantlets, and so on!

As DRAGON Tracks quit stiff, I prefer Bronco and Modelkasten tracks! In particularly the Modelkasten tracks look great!!!!!

Enjoy the build with the ASZUK/TASCA parts the Achilles II C will be a nice model!

Hauke
 _GOTOTOP