_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Decal silvering
MattEa
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:49 AM UTC
I finished decaling my Panther tank.... or so I thought. I applied a coat of future, let it cure for 24 hours, then applied microset, the decals, then microsol. I applied about 4-5 coats of microsol since the decals were going over zimmerit. I then applied another coat of future after 24 hours and allowed this to cure for an additional 24 hours. I went to start blending the camo today and noticed that the turret number decal is still silvering and I am not sure why, how could I go about fixing this?
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 03:02 AM UTC
Since you have already covered the decal with several coats of clear there is no easy or quick way that I know of to remedy the problem. You might try gently sanding the area of the decal with fine sandpaper(at least 600 grit)to remove the top coats. Once you have exposed the decal you can try reapplying your Microsol although I am a big fan of Solvaset. If that does not take care of the problem try gently sanding the edges of the decal to remove the carrier. Once finished reapply the clear coat. Good luck.
 _GOTOTOP