_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of armor/AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Maschinenkrieger and what to develop from it
HWolff
Visit this Community
Thuringen, Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 - 12:36 AM UTC
Well hello there,

as I am a new member of this great forum (was reading it silently for some years) I firstly want to introduce myself.
I`m 20 years old, from germany (wich explains why there are going to propably be some mistakes in my posts, so feel free to correct them if they happen too often but please ignore those many minor ones), right now almost 3/4 through studying towns
planning (after wich I intend to study architecture) and quite into reading, wrighting, gaming, designing, drawing and, as far as I am able to do so in the small room i call my own modelling of, almost exclusevly, 1:35 models of second world war.
Because I do not want to waste my whole first post into talking about myself I want to break my inner conflict to you.
As my interests are clearly into designing and all my models were aimed to be hhistorically plausible, but mainly artistically pleasing. So I have moved my interests in the last years more and more from the building of historical vehicles to fictional things and mainly as said in the title Maschinenkrieger.
To clarify Maschinenkrieger is a (small) story and a row of vehicles loosely based on WW2 vehicles or completely scratch build ones, build by Kow Yokoyama.
Lately I made the decision to start my own Maschinenkriger-like row of vehicles, figures and story. I want to focus on 1:35 scale to be able to find as many vehicles and figures as possible to convert and to be able to put in some details even with the clumsy fingers I got. I plan on mainly convert WW2 vehicles and sometimes reuse and convert MAschinenkrieger cits
As this is a big idea for me I really don`t want to hast things. My current plan is to take my time from now till summer (around july propably) to find a fitting name, develop a story, and vehicles (and maybe a logo) to start building my world. As I was able to collect some knowledge in designing programs and i am quite a bit skillful in using pencils i should be able to visualize it properly for you.
So as I know this is an armor-building forum and the things I am planning really arent that much armor related (in fact till july I am not going to touch a single piece of plastic). So ill let you (and espacelly the admins) decide if you want to have this kind of content. If you want to keep this Site clean to armor builds I am totally fine with that and limit myself to commenting on your posts, but if you are interested I`d be pleased to have you updated on my progress and hope to be kept motivated by you.
So, for everyone who still kept reading, here is what I am planning to propably post here:
Firstly give you all a brief explanantion of the story of Maschinenkrieger and a (way longer) showcase of the vehicles that have been published. After that, till summer I want to develop a name, story, and possible vehicles in (hopefully) weekly updates.
In summer I want to start building the first model, putting those in seperate threads each marked with the name I hopefully have then.

So, now for everyone thats STILL here I want to thank you for reading this much text and am already looking forward to your comments

With my best german greetings,

HWolff

P.s.: a little homework for everyone that is interested, google "223f sandstalker" it perfectly represents what I intend to create and it is a beautiful design in my opinion.
urumomo
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 675 posts
Armorama: 667 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 - 07:44 PM UTC
please check your inbox
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 - 07:52 PM UTC
HWolff,

First off, welcome to he site. There is lots of useful information here that should be able to help you along your road. Looking forward to seeing what you do!
HWolff
Visit this Community
Thuringen, Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:34 PM UTC
Firstly I humbly apologise for staying away from the subject that long, but for all you this post is not dead and I hope to keep you updated on a more reguaer basis!

@urumomo check your inbox!

@corsutton thank you and I am happy maybe being able to keep you on this thread

Even though I cannot provide you with smoething other than ideas and concepts at this point I havent done nothing all the time (starting to think I should put a disclaimer "text heavy on the beginning because there honestly isnīt going to be much more):

Firstly on behalf of the lore: I`ve thought about ways to put interest in the story I want to create and so I thought about something that ALWAYS catches interest: GIANT MECHS
Of course this isn`t the whole concept, it concentrates more around a possible world, in witch mentioned mechs have been developed as ultima ratio of waging wars (something that has been done quite often as a story), but with the adanced technic in them they have killed their pilots and have turned neither good nor bad. They are walking through the lands, destroying what is lying in their ways (as they are now unmatched in technology) but aren`t attacking anyone on purpose. In dioramas I would never fully show one of those mechs, showing only e.g. footsteps or parts of them, so the viewer himself is able to imagine what has made those footsteps and what it ias capable of. I think this is a interesting way to portrait the sensless killing in wars and giving the viewer (or reader) a subtle feeling of danger.
Secondly I have thought about a more cruel topic for the lore. Having the incredible crimes that have been done during the wars I thought, that in my universe there maybe would have been found a new way of fueling machines, drained from humans in their biggest moments of fear. As this fuel would be the beggest source of power nations would have the possibilities of either torturing humans to fuel their war machinery or refuse this and be seriosly inferior in the ways they wage war.

Secondly on behalf of vehicles: I had some thoughts overally on legged tanks (how the length/width radio has to be on a 2/4/6 legged tank has to be and how different different kinds of legs act). Furthermore I have thought about a spider-legged-german-motorcycle and I hope to be able to show you first conepts of this tomorrow and the whole legged-tank thing.

I hope someone is still interested in this thread and I hope I am able to keep in any way track on this.

With best greetings,

HWolff
bbailey_33
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 11:51 PM UTC
I too caught the MAK bug a few years ago, 1/20 and 1/35 scale.

Fun genre, but you'll probably get more responses on http://modelgeek.kitmaker.net/ sister site.
They are having a contest right up your ally.
http://modelgeek.kitmaker.net/forums/238364&ord=&page=1

I need to get more of my MAK pics in the gallery.
 _GOTOTOP