_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
AK Interactive Pigment Fixer Problem
stevedb227
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 - 09:34 AM UTC
Just in the final stages of completing my 1/35 Dragon Tiger II with Zim. Everything finished except pigments and had laid down a final coat of Testors Dullcoat Lacquer. I had just purchased AK's pigment fixer and had never tried mud before. While it went on fine using the fixer and the finish stayed flat where the mud was some of the fixer flowed over parts of the upper paintwork and created small areas of semi-gloss finish.

I will attempt to hide them but my question is did this problem occur because of the Lacquer Dullcoat finish? Should I have used an acrylic flat clear instead since the AK fixer is an enamel?? If that is the case can someone please recommend a good acrylic flat finish OR would using an acrylic fixer have fixed this problem. Any help would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 - 05:17 PM UTC
I just did this with my Panther for the first time. I spray a dullcote after doing the mud.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 - 08:22 PM UTC
I would say that you have used too much fixer. Usually you touch the pigment area with the brushtip so it absorbs the fixer, and repeat as needed until all the pigments are wet. Do not brush it everywhere like varnish.
 _GOTOTOP