_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Canadian Armor
Discuss all types of Canadian Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Leopard 2 A6M
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 04:45 PM UTC
I have the Hobby Boss kit # 82458 Leopard 2 A6M which includes plastic slat armor. I am more interested in building it but leaving the slat armor off. Is there anything else that I would need to delete or add to make it representational of this tank as used by Canadian forces prior to have the slat armor feature?
ArtyG37B
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have the Hobby Boss kit # 82458 Leopard 2 A6M which includes plastic slat armor. I am more interested in building it but leaving the slat armor off. Is there anything else that I would need to delete or add to make it representational of this tank as used by Canadian forces prior to have the slat armor feature?

we got them from the factory with the slat. then they went direct to the 'Stan. Only when they came back and went through rebuild did we leave off the slat.
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 09:27 PM UTC
Where did you receive them/take possession of them? When you were done with them, where did they go? Did they remain as Canadian vehicles?
recceboy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 706 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:49 PM UTC
The Leo 2A6M's arrived August/September 2007 in KAF, arrived with no slat armoured attached, and was attached in theatre. They remianed on operations until July 2011, which was the end of combat operations. Slat armour removed, cleaned shipped back,via Germany.
They went through a rebuild process and are being put back into service, painted CARC green, no slat armour and with modifications.

If you need and help with your build message me, I will help you out. I have a few books printed and reference DVD's that might help.

Cheers

Anthony

Author Canadian Leopard Series Project DVD's
 _GOTOTOP