_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M2 medium tank blueprints
bobbot3011
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:16 AM UTC
i am planning on scratch building a 1/35 M2 medium tank, and I was wondering if anyone had a set of plans or drawings. I preferably would like some with measurements and a top view. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I do not care if they are M2 or M2A1.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i am planning on scratch building a 1/35 M2 medium tank, and I was wondering if anyone had a set of plans or drawings. I preferably would like some with measurements and a top view. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I do not care if they are M2 or M2A1.

You might pick up George Bradford's book, https://www.amazon.com/World-War-II-AFV-Plans/product-reviews/0811733408/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent
bobbot3011
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 04:39 AM UTC
Thanks, I will have to look into that book.
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:27 AM UTC
I would advise you against Bradford's book and instead, get Hunnicutt's "Sherman" book. The drawings there are MUCH better. Please see the msg I sent you too
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would advise you against Bradford's book and instead, get Hunnicutt's "Sherman" book. The drawings there are MUCH better. Please see the msg I sent you too

I didn't initially suggest Hunnicutt because of the cost. If relying on D.P. Dyer's 1/48th scale drawings in the Hunnicutt "Sherman" book, check their dimensions against the tables in the back of the book, as the drawings were drawn to 1/24th scale, photographically reduced (no CAD back then) to approximately 1/48th scale, reinked, then photographed again for publication. Many drawings in Hunnicutt end up being 2-3% large or small, so a savvy reader must check major dimensions on any drawings before relying on them. Once the true scale is known, they can be scanned and resized in Photoshop or similar programs.
 _GOTOTOP